ONS-Iguazu

Feedback, discussion & bug reporting on current maps
Miauz55555

ONS-Iguazu

Post by Miauz55555 » Sat 29. Aug 2020, 23:03

Thank you for your work Fors. =)
Over all it's nice and good. I think the vehicle layout is ok with the Manta and EONS-Scorp as counterparts.

Here the Bot is hovering and stucking within the Manta and doing nothing anymore. I think may a "wind push" which is not 100% vertical would help. So it would fall down automaticly. That's for all the wind things I guess.
Shot00682_8-29-2020_The Iguazu falls.jpg
The wather damage could be higher. The vehicle is surviving to long, also when you can't use it anymore. Maybe it's just the offline play and online it would be ok?
Shot00686_8-29-2020_The Iguazu falls.jpg
Here at the upper spawn of the base could be a teleporterplate for nodes as well as you put it down there.
Shot00680_8-29-2020_The Iguazu falls.jpg
The jumppad on node 7 and it's counterpart node 1 aren't pushing you up there. Maybe adjusting the "Z" will help, or/and moving it nearer, or nearer and a bit up, or make a landing plate up there with a seccond jumppad.
Shot00681_8-29-2020_The Iguazu falls.jpg
01.JPG
There are blocking volumes which aren't fully under the surface. There and on the other site. You could raise the ground there for example.
Shot00687_8-29-2020_The Iguazu falls.jpg
02.JPG
The bot-paths are hardly working for the bots. In the above screenshot the blue nodes are from a bot. It wasn't able to move to the other nodes. Maybe make some food-pathnodes with forced paths? I'm not sure about that, as good bot support is very hard to manage.

So well done. :thumbup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Miauz55555

ONS-Iguazu

Post by Miauz55555 » Sun 13. Sep 2020, 19:47

I made the jumppads, the teleporter platforms and some of the bot paths.

ONS-Iguazu-UCEdit-V2_01.7z
22,08 MB
https://www.dropbox.com/s/peunsol5vbsm6 ... 01.7z?dl=0

fors
Description: skype:mushiak14

ONS-Iguazu

Post by fors » Thu 17. Sep 2020, 08:23

Thank you for your comments Miauz!

- To be honest, I do not know what this bug is related to .throwing it out of the car, I couldn't figure it out.
- I have under water all cars are destroyed as usual.
- Thank yo!!1 for these teleports, good idea!
- And for these jump pads, too!
- Yes, it was my stupid mistake, I'm sorry.
- I tried different placement of patch nodes, but the bots still go in the wrong direction. Perhaps because of the large number of teleports (Oh, what a rich choice, I want to go there, no there, I can't decide!), btw how do I make these lines between them visible like in the screenshot? I don't know.

Made minor edits, it's ready now. If you don't mind, let's try it in battle soon! I still want to make small changes, but if I do it, it will be after a long time. Enjoy the new long-awaited version of this fantastic map!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jrl53u4khpvfi ... 2.ut2?dl=0

Miauz55555

ONS-Iguazu

Post by Miauz55555 » Thu 24. Sep 2020, 15:35

fors wrote:
Thu 17. Sep 2020, 08:23
Thank you for your comments Miauz!
[...]
- I tried different placement of patch nodes, but the bots still go in the wrong direction. Perhaps because of the large number of teleports (Oh, what a rich choice, I want to go there, no there, I can't decide!), btw how do I make these lines between them visible like in the screenshot? I don't know.
Hey Fors I'm very buisy this and next month, so I have some delay in time and deep with answering. Bot paths are actually very difficult when you want them perfect (76 UnrealEd 3.0 Bots and Paths Console Commands).
Take a look here:
http://ceonss.net/viewtopic.php?f=14&t= ... 179#p13179
There is a page linked whith some more written informations. http://www.vgmp3.org/Archives/UT2003_20 ... .htm#Tools
There are also Videos linked:
1 UnrealED 3.0 Bot Navigation Introduction
2 UnrealED 3 0 Basic Paths Workflow
3 UnrealED 3.0 Doors
4 UnrealEd 3.0 Forced Proscribed Paths
5 UnrealEd 3.0 Jump Pads
6 UnrealEd 3.0 Teleporters
76 UnrealEd 3.0 Bots and Paths Console Commands Conclusion
Unbenannt.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.