I don't like the blue floor by 7 and 9.

fors
Description: skype:mushiak14

Re: ONS-ArtilleryHill-beta1

Postby fors » Thu 8. Oct 2015, 01:24

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bsa0ej3rt3v52 ... V9.7z?dl=0

Oh noooooo=( so stuuupid >_<
I fixed it!
That stupid shit at me always have to occur because of blunt deceleration Unreal Editor. It is impossible to keep track of everything, even when I do the checking in the editor, the error occur right behind me in the place that I checked a couple seconds ago. Even if I didn't allocate this object! :dammit: I am very sorry for it

Cat, the place where you fell through the map I slightly smoothed. I hope this helps. I also decided to add stupid lava Volum to solved this problem the most stupid and effective way.

fors

Postby fors » Mon 12. Oct 2015, 21:05

https://www.dropbox.com/s/23wbd3dms48z3 ... 10.7z?dl=0

for some requests, added markings to find the huge entrance to the dungeon (+couple of minor fixes)

After match event (and analyzed past games of course) I was told that players can't understand where the entrance to the dungeon. Not to see the door length is 20 meters and height 10 meters...okay. But to pass in FRONT of HER and pretend she's not here (because you can't not to see object when he closes you half of the review) my reaction is... ... ...
NOW I added an special emitters and a hefty arrows before entering the dungeon. I did everything for to the players find it. I don't know how phenomenal stupid someone must be for not to see and not to attach at least some importance to that door at this time. for the rest, people need just a little getting used to.

Zon3r
Description: Don't shoot at me!

Postby Zon3r » Tue 13. Oct 2015, 18:43

Tried this new version, those bigass arrows that are pointing underground made me smile :D here is my opinion:
First of all, doesn't look bad at all i think. played this map 2 times online, and both times it was very one sided, not yet sure if it's a map problem or just the teams were bad, we will see. anyway. i don't have much to say, just this:
---There is no weapon locker at the base on ground, in the middle of the fight, it happens that i jump down from the spawn point without weapons, going back up is a pain when you are in a hurry. At least one is needed where you jump down from the spawn point.
---is the raptor blocked to go down to 10 and 11? i couldn't get down with it.
---Why is there a SPMA underground? at 10 and 11?
And finally, bots are really bad, can't do anything even on godlike, they are fine on the original version

fors

Postby fors » Wed 14. Oct 2015, 00:07

In short, I took into account your preferences.
- weapon lockers was added
Raptor possible to move to 10 and 11 nodes, but it is very hard and pointless. There is very little space for flying, and the space there is not comfortable.
SPMA were placed at 10 and 11 do not excist; when used properly, outside they have a great advantage and can greatly annoy. From there the machines will have to overcome quite a long way out before start to annoy people)
but with bots really have problems. On this occasion I have nothing to say. I did track for bots as elsewhere, in the classical nodes they are doing something, but in the new nodes they are experiencing difficulties.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In the final version will take into account all the wishes, if more no one else has it, then I write the Cat and put him the final version. (I'll wait a couple of days)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
if learn more about
why I deleted SPMA at all? ArtilleryHill without artillery vehicles it's like the snow without water :D
unfortunately, weapon lockers and player have an impact on game performance. Especially at the bases. For this reason, I put it all in a separate room out of sight (and for this reason I have created this in General). But Cat approved of the performance and one locker shouldn't be a problem.

fors

Postby fors » Sun 18. Oct 2015, 22:00

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vsyoafjmq2oxx ... al.7z?dl=0

So, I waited a few days and no more wishes. Recent suggestions have been added. This version I personally tested twice and she is ready to eat.

Lightning_Hunter

Postby Lightning_Hunter » Mon 9. Nov 2015, 13:30

So I was bored today, and decided to open up ArtilleryHill in UED and take a look at the bot paths. The bots really were terrible in this map, so I took it upon myself to mess around with them for about 3-4 hours. The result is they do pretty well now. Previously, the bots jumped in and out of vehicles and jets without actually using them (due to invalid & poor paths). There were loads of paths that were not even properly connected, which was evident using the "show paths" view. Bots use jets and vehicles just fine now, and take over most of the nodes fairly quickly. They end up attacking the power cores before long.

I'm not sure if anyone is interested, but I can upload the bot friendly version... I was just killing some time, and only planned on playing it offline by myself. However, I thought someone else might enjoy it.

Cat1981England
Administrator

Postby Cat1981England » Mon 9. Nov 2015, 21:52

Hey L.Hunter,

It'll be down to Fors to choose if he wishes to use this with the improved bit pathing, but we all appreciate you taking the time to do it and posting here :thumbup:

By the way if you're looking for some maps to play, you may find some goodies in our map pack.
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1:

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

Lightning_Hunter

Postby Lightning_Hunter » Tue 10. Nov 2015, 07:34

Cat1981England wrote:Hey L.Hunter,

It'll be down to Fors to choose if he wishes to use this with the improved bit pathing, but we all appreciate you taking the time to do it and posting here :thumbup:

By the way if you're looking for some maps to play, you may find some goodies in our map pack.

Is Fors the original author? I was confused about this, because it says "Fors Edit", which usually implies he edited the map, rather than building it from scratch. There is no readme file included with the zip file, so I don't know who the original author is. Either way, I would not have released it without permission from whoever built the map.

Anyway, I did more modifications today. The bots go after all nodes using the jets - except the nodes underground. They will also drive vehicles just about everywhere. Bots can access all inventory spots, use all known shortcuts, all jumppads, and more. They will even use the holes on top of the cliffs to drop down on to the nodes by jet. The only issue I have seen is the bots trying to use some of the UTJumppads while in a vehicle, despite the fact that bvehicledestination is set to false. This seems to be one of those notorious "dummy" variables that does absolutely nothing (UT99 was full of such variables also). Does anyone know another clever way to stop bots from using jumppads while in a vehicle? Maybe a trigger of some sort?

Cat1981England
Administrator

Postby Cat1981England » Tue 10. Nov 2015, 17:50

Lightning_Hunter wrote:Is Fors the original author? I was confused about this, because it says "Fors Edit", which usually implies he edited the map, rather than building it from scratch. There is no readme file included with the zip file, so I don't know who the original author is. Either way, I would not have released it without permission from whoever built the map.

The map author was a player called Wulff.

For's edited version is the one currently on the server and it'll be down to him if he wanted it replaced with your improved bot pathing :thumbup:
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1:

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

Return to “Map Troubleshooting & Feedback”