ONS-Torlan-Invitation-Final

Feedback, discussion & bug reporting on current maps
Gaffer
Description: Total arse

Re: ONS-Torlan-Invitation-Final

Postby Gaffer » Sat 26. Nov 2016, 15:48

Xac wrote:
Cat1981England wrote:A question for y'all:

Why do you think Arctic is a popular map while all the other stock maps have failed to remain popular, even though they have had similar 32 player tweaks made to them?

There also aren't any over powered vehicles to ruin it ;)

I agree, if you want to ruin a map, add OP vehicles.

Arctic has hilly terrain so you can avoid getting tanked; this map generally does really well at stopping tank campers. Also there are a total (I think) of 3 tanks on the map - 2 Goliaths/Goliath/Golyi (1 per team) and a paladin at the centre. This is plenty for the map size.
The absence of badgers is a massive plus as they are retardedly OP, and spider mines are few and far between.

Distances are not so large as to deter people from walking which is a huge pro as this means the numbers of vehicles is kept reasonable. Lastly, all weapon lockers are full - something which really should be the norm.

]M[
Description: laggy but not too shabby^

Postby ]M[ » Mon 28. Nov 2016, 18:11

...not too much to add to what Xac & Gaffer mentioned, but yep it is about right scale / balance of weapons & vehicles / mixed vehicle & foot combat, something for everyone in a well-designed classic ONS map - and the terrain/visuals are great :thumbup:

Cat1981England
Administrator

Postby Cat1981England » Mon 28. Nov 2016, 20:58

Thank you for the feedback chaps. Hopefully we can make the other stock maps as popular as Arctic which means more good maps to vote for. So if you have any constructive idea about this or any of the other unpopular maps please post. We all win from having a better roster :thumbup:

-----

I made a mistake with Torlan-beta3 and put an extra 0 in one of the node health. Sorry about that.

ONS-Torlan-C-beta4
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1:

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

Xac
Description: keeping it UNreal since 2004

Postby Xac » Mon 3. Apr 2017, 07:24

I was playing Torlan on the server last night, first time I've played it for a long time. It's not one of my favourite maps, but it's ok...ish.

What I did find is that where the next node from the primary, going up hill is not linked, it causes some issues.

Generally the primary was locked and the node at the top of the hill was open. In trying to defend the open node, it naturally draws people down the hill towards the locked node, as the other team members spawn there, then run up hill to the nearest open node to attack. For the defenders of the open node, it's then quite easy to get stranded at the locked node and drawn into bad game play.

It happened to me yesterday, I was trying to defend the open node from people coming from the locked primary. I got into a scorpion to take them out and before you know it, you're fighting around the locked node, your vehicle gets taken out eventually, as other team players respawn at the locked primary and you get stuck there. You can't turn around, or you get shot in the back, if you stay there, you're almost in a spawn killing situation.

I think this annoyed XPOH yesterday, and I hope he didn't think I was doing anything bad intentionally.

Is there anything that can be done about this node set up?
I tried to drown my sorrows, but somehow they learned how to swim...

Cat1981England
Administrator

Postby Cat1981England » Mon 3. Apr 2017, 19:35

Just for the record, we're currently using Torlan-32p not Torlan-Invitation-Final.

----------------

Thanks for the feedback Xac :thumbup:

We can certainly try a different link setup. Just open the map in "Instant Action", open menu, go to "Map", "Link Designer" and click on the nodes to make or remove the connections. Take a screen shot, post it here and it'll be on the server.

Here's the map is you don't already have it.
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1:

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

Return to “Map Troubleshooting & Feedback”