Christmas Maps

Feedback, discussion & bug reporting on current maps
Cat1981England

Re: Christmas Maps

Postby Cat1981England » Thu 5. Jan 2017, 22:51

Crusha, is there any chance of the standard Spiff using the same sky as the Christmas version, but swapping Blue and Red cores around so Blue are at the top and Red are at the bottom left?

Blue players are harder to see with that sky, but the lower left core has an positional advantage. Could help even the map a little :dunnosoz:
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1:

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

Crusha K. Rool
Description: Coding Crocodile

Postby Crusha K. Rool » Mon 9. Jan 2017, 22:22

I'd rather not. The night sky is nice as a seasonal thing, but I really prefer the regular daylight version of the map. And I don't think we should start using the perceived visibility of one team versus the other as a balancing factor.

Do you have any statistics on the win ratios of each team on the map? It always felt pretty even to me, despite the positional advantage. Red has to play a bit more clever and watch their surrounding around the nodes to make sure that they don't lose it. But if they can take down the prime node that is further away from blue, they have a pretty good chance to hold their ground.

Cat1981England

Postby Cat1981England » Mon 9. Jan 2017, 22:57

Win rate for the Christmas version was 10 for blue, 4 for red and 3 draws (quick rounds where each team won one). The normal version is around 10/7 in favour of blue, but it goes up and down depending on the players :thumbup:
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1:

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

Return to “Map Troubleshooting & Feedback”