Locked node camping,team sabers,switching etc

joeblow
Description: male gamer

Post by joeblow » Sat 14. Sep 2019, 19:20

We have really have a great server and its great CEONSS has been around 10 years now. I know the Admins are working hard all the time to keep it going while we just play and have fun.

There has been a few players,just a few... maybe 4,5 less than 10 that seem Not to be able to adhere to the fairplay rules that are setup. When the server is full or close to full they dont disrupt the game play enough to be noticed. When the server has low player count is when they effect the game play for other players and cause undue stress and mid game logouts. These players are “regulars” players with more than 100 game hours according to the local stats page. A few according to game tracker have more than 1000 hours game play. I think they understand the fairplay rules they just dont adhere to them.

I make in game comments about “locked node camping” and by that I mean a node that is locked and by map design is locked 95% of the map play. There are nodes that are almost never unlocked once the first minute of the map is start. I am NOT focused on “hot” nodes where all the map action is and lock and unlock multiple times during game play.

We have just a few players that just continue to “spawn camp” these nodes any way possible or worse spawn camp the locked cores.

I am disappointed to write this since 3 or 4 of these players I had high respect for at one time and enjoyed there game play. This type of game play has now degraded into shameless stat padding spawn killing.

My suggestion is from one game admin to another is to allow the game admins to give a “0” gamekick.This would only kick that player for the rest of the map and allow them to log right back in next map. This would clean up the game play for the rest of us that play with in the rules and also allow said player to continue to play hopefully at a better level.

Thank you.

Hyden
Description: Eastern Coast Canadian, gamer

Post by Hyden » Mon 16. Sep 2019, 21:50

Are the Uam commands active on the server? There are a few little nudges one can use if they are present.

Dalyup!
Description: Haggis

Post by Dalyup! » Wed 18. Sep 2019, 22:10

I think I know what kind of incidents you are referring to, joe. I have witnessed people doing such things myself sometimes, but it's usually someone different every time and it is not a typical occurrence. In the heat of a match with a lot of players on the server, it can occur that their lapses in judgement or misunderstandings of the current game status that result in people attacking locked nodes/spawnkilling.

I do not play as much as I used to (game hurts my wrists now, unfortunately), so I cannot attest to witnessing regular players doing this with a regular frequency. If you are referring to specific people and/or specific incidents, could you please PM the names, incidents (e.g. which maps and which nodes this often occurs) and/or any demos you have of this happening to me or one of the admins? We can then keep an eye on such people and take action if necessary.

I am not sure what you mean by "0 gamekick". The default behaviour of a kick is to effectively "ban" the culprit for that specific map, and then they are allowed back in for the next map. Do you mean that, or something else?

joeblow
Description: male gamer

Post by joeblow » Fri 20. Sep 2019, 20:50

Hi Daly,

Yes when I mean "0" kick I mean just a kick for the rest of the current map being played.

On the DW server I have the option to kick from 0-200 games=maps. It may be actually 400 since we had popular players that just could not conform to rules. We had quite a few players say for example Pam that were on a 200 game kick for continued bad behavior. So one false move she bought herself a weekend off.

So if I set it to "0" it was just a map kick. No banning. Also this was a GUID kick nothing to do with IP addresses etc.

I really feel it "cleans up" game play for the MAJORITY that are playing correctly.

I guess my real world expamle is you goto a bar with your girl to have a drink and there 32 people there having fun but that one guy is causing trouble. Here the bar "bouncers" just take him outside and tell him to walk it off and comeback tomorrow mate.

maybe this translate maybe it doesnt.