nosTEAM: banned?

EmanReleipS
Administrator
Description: Pancake Fairy

nosTEAM: banned?

Post by EmanReleipS » Sun 6. Oct 2013, 18:40

Hello folks!

I've read through the list of banned players recently and I noticed that nosTEAM was banned a while ago. However, I just met him on the server today. So I just wanted to ask whether he was permanently or temporarily banned. As far as I could tell, his/her gaming style was fine (no extremely high score either), though, so maybe it's just someone with the same name?

Ten was ingame when nosTEAM was there, so he should be able to confirm that someone with that name showed up.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

laboRHEinz
Administrator
Description: Old Fart

Re: nosTEAM: banned?

Post by laboRHEinz » Mon 7. Oct 2013, 17:42

Hi Eman (& welcome to the board btw),

nosTEAM once used a cheat and therefore got banned permanently, but unfortunately he / she / it found a way to trick the system. So this annoying creature always gets kicked by hand. About 20 times a day :/

EmanReleipS
Administrator

Post by EmanReleipS » Mon 7. Oct 2013, 22:26

laboRHEinz wrote:Hi Eman (& welcome to the board btw),

nosTEAM once used a cheat and therefore got banned permanently, but unfortunately he / she / it found a way to trick the system. So this annoying creature always gets kicked by hand. About 20 times a day :/
Thanks for the welcome and the clarification.

Wow - very persistent dude. Well, look on the bright side: If he/she is still joining in spite of getting kicked all the time, that must mean your server is really awesome. :)

Sernemissza
Description: I'll swallow your soul!

Post by Sernemissza » Tue 8. Oct 2013, 10:07

So, (s)he got a new unique ID, or still uses the old?

laboRHEinz
Administrator
Description: Old Fart

Post by laboRHEinz » Tue 8. Oct 2013, 17:57

errrmm ... I hope you don't really expect me to give any hint about how to evade bans?

Sernemissza
Description: I'll swallow your soul!

Post by Sernemissza » Wed 9. Oct 2013, 04:31

Of course not. :shock:
If NosTeam stopped cheating, then fine by me.
If not, an another ban must be frustrating enough to give up joining, i think.
Just when i saw NosTeam i felt embarrassment.

qòóp
Description: Holy sh*t! I'm alive!

Post by qòóp » Tue 7. Jan 2014, 00:59

Bit late to react but I think I know why you're seeing nosTEAM so often. If you search ut2k4 in a torrent search engine the one that has the most seeders is a cracked version of a group called nosteam. If you use this version and you don't change your name it will be "nosteam".

{DUB}Cochrane
Description: Netherlands

Post by {DUB}Cochrane » Tue 7. Jan 2014, 01:13

qòóp wrote:Bit late to react but I think I know why you're seeing nosTEAM so often. If you search ut2k4 in a torrent search engine the one that has the most seeders is a cracked version of a group called nosteam. If you use this version and you don't change your name it will be "nosteam".
:award:

EmanReleipS
Administrator

Post by EmanReleipS » Tue 7. Jan 2014, 07:20

qòóp wrote:Bit late to react but I think I know why you're seeing nosTEAM so often. If you search ut2k4 in a torrent search engine the one that has the most seeders is a cracked version of a group called nosteam. If you use this version and you don't change your name it will be "nosteam".
So you're saying we are actually (potentially) blocking a ton of different people? :o

I had no idea. That's very interesting. Thanks! :)

Wormbo
Description: Coding Dude

Post by Wormbo » Tue 7. Jan 2014, 08:22

Well, being globally or locally banned is always highly likely if you get the game with a shared key. That even happens with legal copies, like the one from GOG. They also ship it with a default key, which is banned about everywhere. However, they always offer you a unique (at least different) key, if you ask for one.