FORS is very annoyed by this

Anik
Description: Pink gun nub

Re: FORS is very annoyed by this

Post by Anik » Thu 7. Aug 2014, 11:04

The word "permanent" sounds pretty harsh imo.

And I agree that there are players more disrespectfull who are not muted or banned, like Viice for example bad-ingame-behaviour-nub-ion-tank-spam-camping-like-everybody-knows

salko
Description: defender

Post by salko » Thu 7. Aug 2014, 14:47

Idea: grant 2 weeks test period without chat ban.
And of course, someone create vote pool about fors chat ban :)

Karma_geddon
Description: from Italy

Post by Karma_geddon » Thu 7. Aug 2014, 16:07

I don't think that it's a good idea to open a poll about discipline intervention from the admins.
These kind of things are not democracy, and in this particular general case (applying discipline on the Internet) I think that it's better if things stay this way (but my spider senses are twinkling and I feel that a Pegasus-wall-of-death is coming on this topic, so I'll stop here ;) ).

Even if, of course, there is freedom of speech and we could always say our opinions.

And so, I want to give my own two cents, and I feel too that a permanent muting, without any chance to recover from it, might be too much.
This might be the Italian inside of me who's talking, but I have mixed feelings about permanent penalties in general, and in this particular case (Fors being muted for spam) I think that a penalty is pretty pointless if there is not a chance to learn from it, eventually (even if "eventually" might be "a lot of time"). To say it with less words, I don't think that it's "fair".

Something like the two-weeks test period that Salko suggested, could work, IMHO. If he starts being spammy again, you could always mute him again. Of course, if he didn't learn *even this time*, you could go full zero-tolerance on him and nobody would blame you.

I might have things to say about Viice too, but I think that it's a matter for another thread. "Fors-management" is a topic already messy and complicated and delicate enough, without need to put more meat on the fire. ;)
You can find me on fb here, if you want: https://www.facebook.com/paolo.davolio.3

Zon3r
Description: Don't shoot at me!

Post by Zon3r » Thu 7. Aug 2014, 16:47

I must say, leave this to Cat, he knows what he's doing. You guys didn't have to listen to Fors, like we "older players" had to. besides, he has been unmuted 4 times, i think it's a pretty damn fair treatment, if he couldn't learn from that...

[P]etya

Post by [P]etya » Thu 7. Aug 2014, 16:54

You are talking about Fors as if he can't be tolerated at all.

s°rcery
Description: I'm a witch, not a bitch.

Post by s°rcery » Thu 7. Aug 2014, 16:58

I sense 1 other reason to maintain Fors unmute, this is 1 desagreable profond sentiment, type long RAGE :(

Explain here the real cause or give him the voice please, humains.

(time to) Peace.
Sorry I don't speak English (really I speak "FPS-english") but since Translate-Google, I'm multilingual :P (joke) !

EmanReleipS
Administrator
Description: Pancake Fairy

Post by EmanReleipS » Thu 7. Aug 2014, 17:53

Lately there have been several calls for unmuting Fors, so it's recently been discussed among the (in-game) admins. However, they've reached the conclusion that he won't be unmuted for the reason that they don't know if Fors has learned from this. He has been muted and unmuted several times, but always returned to his behavior.

Either way, please leave this to the in-game admins. I'm certain they appreciate input from players (and even really need it sometimes when they haven't been there when something happened and players can shed new light on an issue), but it's impossible to make moderation democratic. Just imagine it.....with public polls every time someone used insults or spammed. "Is this enough to get a ban?", etc. It would take ages to moderate anything and bad behavior on the server would be rampant in the meantime. Our in-game admins have been chosen carefully. I believe we have a group of people with very good judgement. They also discuss among each other which course of action is appropriate. In Fors' case several admins have agreed that he should stay muted.

As for Viice....he has been both banned (once) and muted (several times), all temporarily. If you have any complaints about his behavior, please bring them up in another thread, though.

[P]etya

Post by [P]etya » Thu 7. Aug 2014, 18:33

It's just we don't see the justice and the sense in this judgement. How can you know whether he's learnt his lesson or not if he can't talk at all? While certain individiuals (I won't name them, but I think they will know that I'm talking about them) can insult others with no reason without consequences. And I even know that certain individuals have been banned and then unbanned but still they haven't learnt their lesson.

Admins may find this an offend but I'm 100% sure that there are admins who just can't stand Fors and since they have power they keep him muted.

And I haven't talked about the rule-breakers. There are ppl who break rules as they see fit, but there are no consequences.

In Fors' case, many ppl just can't stand him, because he plays ONS like a natural and he played ONS since the beginnings. It's just saddening to see how a person is being treated like shit, who didn't do anything against anybody. It isn't good for your reputation if you let certain ppl evade the rules, while others are being punished for a petty things.

EmanReleipS
Administrator
Description: Pancake Fairy

Post by EmanReleipS » Thu 7. Aug 2014, 20:21

Admins and mods should be impartial and judge as objectively as it's possible. But of course that's the ideal and it might not always be that perfect. That's why I pointed out that the in-game mods discussed it among themselves. If one or two mods went too harshly on someone or seemed biased, the others would have spoken up.

Aa for others getting away with insults or breaking the rules....all I can say is please record demos and take screenshots of the offense(s), note the date and time, and send it to an admin you trust/feel comfortable with. Cat already reads the chat log whenever he can, but even he and our in-game admins can't see everything. I can only speak for myself, but I've reported several people for bad behavior and the admins reacted every time. If you don't trust the in-game admins (hopefully this is not the case), you can also send it to Peg or me and ask us to forward it anonymously to the in-game admins for moderation. :)

Zon3r
Description: Don't shoot at me!

Post by Zon3r » Thu 7. Aug 2014, 20:54

Seriously i don't understand why would some players like fors. i can give you the demo of todays bitchslap game to see just what kind of a player he is. his team was dominating the match from the very beginning, but did fors try to balance the game? nope, of course not, that's for p**sies, not even after i have mentioned it in chat. of course he doesn't have to, it's not mandatory, also he NEVER links when building a node, needs the points for himself. just saying the obvious facts, not trying to pick a fight.