Banned

Zon3r
Description: Don't shoot at me!

Banned

Post by Zon3r » Wed 5. Feb 2014, 21:12

Joined the server this evening entered the game, and got banned from the session, for using winject, i have checked the task manager to see if there is something unusual running, only akamai netsession client was running. Killed the process, and waited for the next game and got banned again, this time perm ban. last night i was playing without problem, i haven't added anything to the game folder since then. the only thing that i have installed today is an oldschool game, no one lives forever 2. but it keeps saying that i'm using winject

these are my running processes, there is nothing new on the list. i have no idea what is causing this

Tried on a fair game ictf server, it's saying the same thing

Zon3r

Re: Banned

Post by Zon3r » Wed 5. Feb 2014, 22:34

Ok..... i did a clean install, and it's still saying the same thing, wtf?

Pegasus
Description: ONSWordFactory

Post by Pegasus » Wed 5. Feb 2014, 22:51

The .pf extension suggests the offending source is the prefetch file your system automatically made to correspond to that particular executable. Have you tried looking for it in in your OS' prefetch subdir?

Zon3r

Post by Zon3r » Wed 5. Feb 2014, 23:12

Thank you, found it. it was sitting there since 2012 october. after a very fishy match on grit(aexme wallhack) i have started looking for a way how cheaters bypass anti_tcc, found one cheat, that i have sent to Heinz to ask wormbo if he can update the antitcc. You can ask Heinz. The only thing that i don't understand is why didn't it got discovered earlier? i have removed the cheat way back then, but had no idea it left that .pf file there

Pegasus
Description: ONSWordFactory

Post by Pegasus » Thu 6. Feb 2014, 00:13

I don't know the particulars of this situation so I won't speculate as to what exactly brought this on. However, in light of it and as a general note to all concerned, it goes without saying that undertaking unilateral research initiatives that involve acquiring any kinda cheatware and using it on anyone's public/private server without prior arrangements that ensure the admin's explicit knowledge and permission is not a wise move and will most likely not be regarded as contributing to security improvement. No matter how long you've been around, what the sum of your past contributions is or how seemingly innocuous the circumstances surrounding it may be, posting here with a picture of yourself getting autobanned by AntiTCC for having cheatware detected on your machine will definitely not improve your image with the community, and least of all with your (already skeptical) detractors. Again, this goes out as a general advisory.
I don't know about other servers, but I can guarantee you that in CEONSS' case, what with Wormbo being the UT community's leading anticheat/security expert (he is the author of AntiTCC and has been contributing Uscript code for over 10 years now after all) and him still being around to offer insight and development help, in the unlikely event that new efforts in this field would require some kind of multi-user testing and feedback regarding some specific, new cheat making the rounds, you can be sure members would first be approached by the server staff for assistance, not the other way around.

Remember to play it smart so you can keep yourselves safe ;).

Zon3r

Post by Zon3r » Thu 6. Feb 2014, 00:45

I posted it here cause i have nothing to hide(not really a wise statement with that screenshot, i know). i didn't used it on any server, i tried joining the server back then, i wasn't stopped. i was satisfied with the result and informed laboRHEinz, that's it. It was all fueled with the fact that there were cheaters on the server unpunished. on whitesands i said that UnReal guy is cheating, noone believed me, but now i see he's on the banned list. I only got accused of aimbotting by one angry person so far(Paminator). my aim is not even close to Funky's. But i don't need to tell that, people know me on the server for quite some time. So it's up to laboRHEinz

BTW i have figured out why did it got detected only now, i was having problems running NOLF 2, so i was trying out various things. it said that my rundll32 may be infected and that i can find a backup in the prefetch folder, i have accessed it for the first time since the windows was installed, till now it was protected by the system, now i have opened it up

-Nick-

Post by -Nick- » Thu 6. Feb 2014, 16:31

I have no idea what that file is (?), if it isn't a actual UT2004 hack to give Zon3r super powers then why did he get banned?.

We all know Zon3r doesn't use cheats.

Hope Heinz sorts this out for you.

:slurrp:

Zon3r

Post by Zon3r » Thu 6. Feb 2014, 17:13

it seems that i'm not banned, i was able to play after midnight, it was a temp ban or something, similar to a sessionban

unnamed[c]
Description: Gamer

Post by unnamed[c] » Sun 29. Jun 2014, 17:42

for that ban? my ip 158.46.6.146

Cat1981England

Post by Cat1981England » Sun 29. Jun 2014, 18:08

Another player using the same GUID was banned today. You should be able to join now.
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1:

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.