Hyden silently muted

Maniac
Description: Ain't no rest for the wicked

Hyden silently muted

Postby Maniac » Sun 28. Jun 2015, 23:02

Hi there!
Hyden was muted yesterday without anyone getting any kind of explanation what was a reason for it. Cat1981England confirmed the mute but failed to give any response on all the questions regarding it.
I deliberately want to leave the muting itself outside the brackets now, but I am pissed off now. I play on this server and I want an answer. I claim that unresponsive admins are extremely bad for the server. "It's private matter" or "It's none of your business" or "It's ultimate admin decision" is an answer. Even banning me for interfering is kinda answer. The silence is not.
So
Cat1981England wrote:,

could you please provide comments on the situation?
And everyone else, could you express your opinion too?

Sincerely yours,
... .

Cat1981England

Re: Hyden silently muted

Postby Cat1981England » Sun 28. Jun 2015, 23:59

The 15 minute mute that Hyden received last night was for breaking the server rules. I have sent him a message twice in game and moved him to spec once regarding this issue, which is consistent with the hundreds of others who have broken the server rules.

Hyden is welcome to PM me or post here if he has a complaint regarding his treatment.
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1:

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

Maniac

Postby Maniac » Mon 29. Jun 2015, 00:07

Fair enough. Hyden somehow forgot to mention that he *did* receive a warning message, so he's holding the ball now.
Still, I want to ask you to provide at least a short answer to in-game questions. It looked dangerously like you just muted him for some unknown whim. And of all servers CEONSS is the only one with reasonable players & admins so far - it would be really sad if it lost this remarkable feature.

Hyden
Description: Eastern Coast Canadian, gamer

Postby Hyden » Mon 29. Jun 2015, 01:29

My apologies about this situation. It sounds like a lie but I honestly don't even remember being warned. I do remember being suddenly in spec and being muted with a fullscreen message but somehow I missed the warning messages from Cat. It's not only here though I have been having memory issues a lot lately believe it or not. So sorry for causing trouble. I have no complaints about this whatsoever since I totally respect Cat.

But If I'm becoming this inattentive in game I dunno maybe I should stop playing, its pretty bad being oblivious to stuff.

joeblow
Description: male gamer

Postby joeblow » Mon 29. Jun 2015, 14:09

The one or two times I have had a message sent to me the type face is so so small I could not even see it dead middle of the screen while playing.

Just my 2 cents.

Zon3r
Description: Don't shoot at me!

Postby Zon3r » Mon 29. Jun 2015, 17:05

that message in the middle of the screen is easy to miss,
and it's quite unusual for hyden to break the rules, he's the most polite person on the server(at least from those who are talking)
He's quite talkative, but i don't remember seeing him insulting someone

Gaffer
Description: Total arse

Postby Gaffer » Mon 29. Jun 2015, 17:21

I think it is clear that hydy broke some rule and there is no need to make a big deal out of it. Cat dealt with it appropriately. If hydy missed it or forgot then he can just ask for a reminder from Cat which i'm sure Cat will supply privately. Hyden is one of the nicest people on the server and I would hate to see him leave and i really dont think that something like forgetfulness should prevent him from playing the game (unless the game is the cause of the forgetfulness :O ).
This is literally the smallest issue raised here in a long time, so hyden please dont leave :( and everyone else quit instigating :)

Maniac

Postby Maniac » Mon 29. Jun 2015, 21:42

Gaffer, I would like you to re-read the first message once more. The topic is not about the fact that Hyden was muted - I believe in Cat's common sense and I guess there was a reason. It is about how it was done.

Hyden/Cat are respectable player/admin accordingly, and I don't think that any one of them is just lying. But when an old community member is muted and then he claims that he don't know why, I think that it is the admin who should contact him and double-check that there was no error and no misunderstanding in the first place.

I understand that if some new player is violating the rules and fails to respond to admin messages then he/she is kicked pretty quickly. It's OK, you can never tell if the new player can't understand the warnings or if he/she just chose not to react on them.

But if the player is already an old member of the community, what is the use of silently punishing him/her? To prevent him/her from violating the rules? or just for the sake of punishing? I do not remember Hyden making a faux pas, ever. And he usually answers in the chat when asked. And by the moment when he changed his name to "Hyden=muted", it was pretty obvious that he didn't understand why did it happen.

So, I asked about it - both on his behalf (to clarify the muting cause) and on my own - because I didn't notice Hyden violating the rules in that match. Considering that it was mute, not kick - it should have been something he said, no done, but I couldn't find nothing even slightly inappropriate in the chat log. Maybe there were some warnings from Cat to Hyden in the past, or maybe Hyden just did not see the warning messages (was afk at the moment or smth). Maybe Cat made a mistake or overreacted. It doesn't really matter, because the result is still the same and there is still an open question: What was the sense of this muting?

Even if it was 15 minutes. Or even 5 minutes. The cause for it is still unknown. This action will not stop Hyden from doing the same unknown mistake again. It will not stop others form repeating it. It doesn't help to mend one's errors, it only makes the gameplay less entertaining for the player. The natural reaction on dull gameplay is to leave the server. If it was the aim behind these actions, then this post is settled.

P.S.: To set the record straight, once more: I'm not defending Hyden and I concede that he may have done something against the rules and that the punishment was adequate.

[P]etya
Description: someone

Postby [P]etya » Wed 1. Jul 2015, 09:48

I think this should be settled between Hyden and the admins. I wasn't there, but Cat doesn't give random punishments to random people. Don't put Cat in a difficult position, because he didn't want to do it either, but if he makes one exception then others will also break the rules, and if they get punished then they can say that certain people can do whatever they wish without consequences, and the worst thing in this that they will be right. If you break a rule, face the consequences. By the way, other server admins will simpy not give any warnings and just punish you, so just think about this...

Hyden
Description: Eastern Coast Canadian, gamer

Postby Hyden » Wed 1. Jul 2015, 19:07

No worries, this has been totally resolved via private message. :mrgreen:

Return to “Reports, Bans & Appeals”