SpaceCargo and me

salko
Description: defender

SpaceCargo and me

Postby salko » Sun 10. Apr 2016, 19:25

Hi everybody. On this map I have problem with some players.
Shot00620.jpg
Shot00620.jpg (76.37 KiB) Viewed 1621 times

Shot00622.jpg
Shot00622.jpg (48.41 KiB) Viewed 1621 times

How ruining game?

Cat1981England

Re: SpaceCargo and me

Postby Cat1981England » Sun 10. Apr 2016, 20:21

*Moved to Reports, Bans & Appeals*

I'm going to ask Smalltown, Innocent or anyone else who wants to provide Salko with an explanation for these comments, to do so in a civilised and gentlemanly manner, otherwise threads will be locked and mutes issued.

Thank you.
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1:

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

Dalyup!
Description: Haggis

Postby Dalyup! » Sun 10. Apr 2016, 20:57

When you say "SpaceCargo and me", do you mean this only happens to you when you're playing Spacecargo?

[P]etya
Description: someone

Postby [P]etya » Sun 10. Apr 2016, 23:15

You play too good on this map. That's all. Certain people find being good = cheating = bannable. Happens.

smalltown
Description: UT 2004 cunt player

Postby smalltown » Sun 10. Apr 2016, 23:21

[P]etya wrote:You play too good on this map. That's all. Certain people find being good = cheating = bannable. Happens.

same reply but adding up that one month earlier I was playing space cargo then you joined in spec at first and then joined the winning team already while my team was losing.I noticed it since long ago that you continued doing so on the same map or even in stonewall and vk.
Well that enraged me and that resulted in the reply on the chat....
:firedevil: :firedevil: STOMBOTOWN :firedevil: :firedevil: :machinegun: :cool2cool: :yoman:

salko
Description: defender

Postby salko » Mon 11. Apr 2016, 06:03

Spec = I'm working and when I have work break, I try join to game.
When someone ask me to change, I have no problem. Never (except specific situations). I was joined to loosing team too many times (from spect mode), yesterday twice (one win). There's no point joining to winning team, because I prefer long games.
PS: sorry of my terrible English.

[P]etya
Description: someone

Postby [P]etya » Mon 11. Apr 2016, 10:24

A question to all of you: why does it make you so upset to lose in a public game, which basically has no award for winning furthermore nobody will even care and nobody will even remember afterwards that your team has lost in that specific game? Joining the winning team intentionally is a lame thing to do, but in certain and many cases if somebody wants to play then he will join whatever team he/she can, no matter which is losing and which is winning and that's because the system tries to make the teams even in number, which isn't a problem. I just had to say this, because being upset about losing has been having a long story in the server's history and in the history of other public servers and I just can't understand the why of it. In a public match there are many random players playing against each other. You can't make perfectly arranged games, because that wouldn't be public. Also losing is the key element at improving something, because you are coming to realize what you are doing wrong. This isn't for encouraging the otherwise lame behaviours such as the intentional team switching, but losing some matches then blaming somebody for it will get you nowhere and in fact make you look ridiculous (no offense really).

Miauz55555

Postby Miauz55555 » Mon 11. Apr 2016, 12:47

I will just throw my two cents in.

Just for information: When someone feels harassed by another player you can always talk to her/him or talk to an admin. You can make a screenshot or say us on which map, which time and which date it was. It's always better to clear things out in private than in public.

Joinning from spec is other than joining from the serverbrowser. When you join from the serverbrowser the server tries to put you in the weaker team. I think with max two players more? When you join from spec the server make an evennumer and fills first the red team. You can't change the team when the numbers are even. (@Cat, Wormbo: Am I right?) What is possible when the weaker team has already more players is to ask a weaker player from the weaker team to came to spec then join and change to the weaker team. Then the other player can join again. You can also ask a strong player from the winning team to swicht, maybe not the first ranked. Or when an admin is online you can ask him to swich you with a player from the other team.
Unbenannt.JPG
Joining from spec.
Unbenannt.JPG (82 KiB) Viewed 1542 times

To have even teams are more fun than uneven teams. It's not so funny to have an easy 'wicked sick' run or an easy 'holy shit' kill as it sounds. It is mutch more fun to have a 'double kill' against two players with the same skill as yourselve.

@Salko: I always see you are playing fair, keep that going. Play when you have time and have fun. Btw. It's always a pleasure to frag you.

@[P]etya: When we just would do thinks where we could earn an award, what would we do? It is always cool to win a game. Also winning a board game or a drinking game is more fun than to lose. Ok they are no winners on a drinking game.^^

@Smalltown: Hold your horses. Even when you are enraged try to be gentle. I know that you are able to.

@Salko, Smalltown and Innocent: I don't see a real reason for this. It could have easily cleard out by three lines of chat. Shake hands, or just accept my statement. You don't have to love each other, just talk nice and don't be revengeful. Thank you.

@Cat: I would not mute someone this time. Just write this down as a warning so that it dosn't happend again. If it happends again with an insulting, I also would see a temp mute. You have the last word.

joeblow
Description: male gamer

Postby joeblow » Tue 12. Apr 2016, 14:05

That is why I just log in and let the server/computers/gods put me where they may.

All this balance stuff is non sense and varies person to person day to day.

What some one thinks is a strong team I usually think is a weak team on this server.

joeblow
Description: male gamer

Postby joeblow » Mon 25. Apr 2016, 22:41

Should also add that any team that Salko is on IS THE WINNING TEAM.

Need a mod of some kind to fix this ASAP.

Return to “Reports, Bans & Appeals”