[P]etya (blaming me for win-switch)

N4rkoT1k
Description: Lovin UT2004

[P]etya (blaming me for win-switch)

Postby N4rkoT1k » Wed 27. Apr 2016, 17:38

So today I had a little "episode" with [P]etya on the server.

Basically he was blaming me for switching to the winning team when I first joined today.
Map was SpankJox and I joined blue at some point during the match (P was red at the time I think..).
Before joining, there was blue having 1 node while red had 3 and one was neutral (the LG one).
Red had 3 players, blue had 2 at the time. Rest was bots

In the end blue won with a comeback and drama took its way after the match, though I didn´t realize at first that he was rly blaming me:
p_chat.png
p_chat.png (774.65 KiB) Viewed 1122 times

I did not leave anything out on that screenshot by editing. Check chatlog for reference if needed.
In the end he flamed me, joined winning team, played 0 score on purpose + insulting

As you might know if you have played a couple of times with me, I am always looking for balanced teams.
I always check balance before joining, asking ppl to switch, switching to loser team for balance etc

My concern here is mainly about his behaviour towards me and the others that were online but also the server and the staff overall.
I rly want to keep the communication (and therefor the little community that is left) clean

[P]etya
Description: someone

Re: [P]etya (blaming me for win-switch)

Postby [P]etya » Wed 27. Apr 2016, 19:35

I'm not denying anything I said. And yes, you joined the winning team in SpankJox in purpose with the excuse of "I really wanted to play this map", so don't be a sanctimonius bastard, even the recording proves the same. It pissed me off, because quite recently this winner team joining with intention has been a tendency at least when I'm around and basically today I only played with players on my side who didn't really do much and nobody even bothered balancing. But don't you exaggarate things a little? I didn't flame you, I expressed my displeasure about this, because I have played enough with you and against you to know that you have the tendency of joining the winning team with intention. Yes, I did those things, I'm not denying them, but if you are reporting me, then have the backbone and tell the WHOLE truth, because this entire thing is about [P]etya = evil, must be banned, Narkotik = the saint without sins, which we both know that not entirely true. Though I have to admit that I had immense satisfaction to see how you reacted when I pulled off the shit of you and the others. :D

Not that it matters anyway. Probably that was the last time I played on the server, so I don't care the outcome of this.

Cat1981England

Postby Cat1981England » Wed 27. Apr 2016, 20:08

I'm a little confused here.

So Nark joins the match and was on red. Red are winning the match because they have 3 nodes up and blue only have 1, reds also have 3 players and blue only have 2. So Nark switches to blue. Blue turn it around and win.

Is that right?
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1:

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

N4rkoT1k

Postby N4rkoT1k » Wed 27. Apr 2016, 20:50

Cat1981England wrote:I'm a little confused here.

So Nark joins the match and was on red. Red are winning the match because they have 3 nodes up and blue only have 1, reds also have 3 players and blue only have 2. So Nark switches to blue. Blue turn it around and win.

Is that right?

Nope

I joined some minutes into the match on blue side. Didn´t switch during the match at all.
Before joining I observerd red having the advantage with 3 to 1 nodes and with 3 to 2 players also. I joined blue ofc, managed to turn the game cause there were not many good players to compete. Afterwards the drama of the screenshot begins

I'm not denying anything I said. And yes, you joined the winning team in SpankJox in purpose with the excuse of "I really wanted to play this map", so don't be a sanctimonius bastard, even the recording proves the same. It pissed me off, because quite recently this winner team joining with intention has been a tendency at least when I'm around and basically today I only played with players on my side who didn't really do much and nobody even bothered balancing. But don't you exaggarate things a little? I didn't flame you, I expressed my displeasure about this, because I have played enough with you and against you to know that you have the tendency of joining the winning team with intention. Yes, I did those things, I'm not denying them, but if you are reporting me, then have the backbone and tell the WHOLE truth, because this entire thing is about [P]etya = evil, must be banned, Narkotik = the saint without sins, which we both know that not entirely true. Though I have to admit that I had immense satisfaction to see how you reacted when I pulled off the shit of you and the others. :D

Not that it matters anyway. Probably that was the last time I played on the server, so I don't care the outcome of this.

I never joined winning team on purpose! I certainly know for sure that this is entirely true.
Even apologized as I recognized I tapped on your personal ego just by joining. What a fool I am..

You sir are a liar who has obviously some real issues when you get your satisfaction out of the missatisfatcion of others. You dont even deny? LoL
Talking to me about backbone.. Until today I thought you are some sort of a nice guy. Seems I was wrong though.

Come back when you sorted your stuff out

Cat1981England

Postby Cat1981England » Wed 27. Apr 2016, 21:16

N4rkoT1k wrote:Nope

I joined some minutes into the match on blue side. Didn´t switch during the match at all.
Before joining I observerd red having the advantage with 3 to 1 nodes and with 3 to 2 players also. I joined blue ofc, managed to turn the game cause there were not many good players to compete. Afterwards the drama of the screenshot begins

Ok, thanks Nark. Obviously we need to give Petya a chance to reply, but if that is what happened, then you've done nothing wrong and we can go from there.
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1:

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

[P]etya

Postby [P]etya » Wed 27. Apr 2016, 22:51

It seems that the fact, that we had only 23 hitpoints on our core, doesn't mean anything... It was seemingly a 3v2, but in fact it was mainly 1v2 as my teammates didn't even know the basics of this game and didn't contribute too much to the game. Yes, that was a single moment when we could finally turn the match for our advantage, but Narkotik had to join the blue team and with that sabotaged our possibility of finally turning the match and basically steamrolled us. The recording has all the information you need. Narkotik joined the winning team intentionally. It's a fact and it pissed me off and of course he started proving the otherwise, which even the recording will prove that the otherwise is just not true and that finally got on my nerves. I did what I did, but at least I'm honest and don't start denying it. And yes, I am evidently the liar, because I don't even deny the things which I committed. But you forgot some other parts too. I don't see the "I'm going to save this just in case", which was a threat towards me. I believe that this entire appeal is more about personal reasons rather than about the "welfare of the players of this server" as it is devoid of multiple elements, which were intentionally stripped down. So all in all this story which Narkotik presented bleeds from multiple points. I also don't consider this incident big enough to make a ban appeal on the forum, but it seems that a certain person considers this.

And Narkotik as for you. I never liked you. You have the tendency of joining the winner team intentionally and this isn't the first time you do this. I think we both know this quite well. But oh well, why am I even saying this? You will deny this anyway.

N4rkoT1k

Postby N4rkoT1k » Thu 28. Apr 2016, 06:12

[P]etya wrote:It seems that the fact, that we had only 23 hitpoints on our core, doesn't mean anything... It was seemingly a 3v2, but in fact it was mainly 1v2 as my teammates didn't even know the basics of this game and didn't contribute too much to the game. Yes, that was a single moment when we could finally turn the match for our advantage, but Narkotik had to join the blue team and with that sabotaged our possibility of finally turning the match and basically steamrolled us. The recording has all the information you need. Narkotik joined the winning team intentionally. It's a fact and it pissed me off and of course he started proving the otherwise, which even the recording will prove that the otherwise is just not true and that finally got on my nerves. I did what I did, but at least I'm honest and don't start denying it. And yes, I am evidently the liar, because I don't even deny the things which I committed. But you forgot some other parts too. I don't see the "I'm going to save this just in case", which was a threat towards me. I believe that this entire appeal is more about personal reasons rather than about the "welfare of the players of this server" as it is devoid of multiple elements, which were intentionally stripped down. So all in all this story which Narkotik presented bleeds from multiple points. I also don't consider this incident big enough to make a ban appeal on the forum, but it seems that a certain person considers this.

And Narkotik as for you. I never liked you. You have the tendency of joining the winner team intentionally and this isn't the first time you do this. I think we both know this quite well. But oh well, why am I even saying this? You will deny this anyway.

My score board is hidden cause 99% of the matches score board doesn´t influence my playstyle and I like my screen clear, but it wouldn´t have mattered anyway even if I saw 23 HP on core. As you said you had node and player advantage so I did the exact opposite of win switching basically. Ofc I will deny that cause it is not god damn true. It IS just your personal perception.. I dare to say that I´m the one that balances teams most of the time. I even rejoin spec mostly when I realize that some team gets steamrolled. Asking ppl for switching etc etc

Screenshots were taken as a warning to you when I realized that converstation and your behaviour got out of control. You kept being ignorant and continued your ego tour, even "challenging" me to post this here.
It´s not even a ban appeal here. I try to raise attention to your behaviour so that the staff may overwatch your future behaviour.. As I first stated I want to keep server communication clean

What record are you keep talking about? I wish there was some sort of record so I can prove you wrong 100%.
@cat
Is there a server log or demo or something like that so I can prove him wrong?
Arguing with ppl over the internet is rly pathetic

I guess this conversation will lead up spinning in circles from this point on so I´m off for now enjoing my holiday + birthday ;)

[P]etya

Postby [P]etya » Thu 28. Apr 2016, 10:41

Yeah, arguing with people over the internet is pathetic, especially that you started it and this is basically about shaming me, which I won't let you do it. How did I challenge you to post this here? I only replied to your threat message that I'm not afraid of it. And I'm not ignorant. We were losing. Certainly the hitpoints of the core do matter when it is about to judge that which team is losing and which is winning. If that doesn't matter to you, then it only proves that you are the one who is ignorant. Of course my behaviour was out of control, I'm not even denying this. If you are making a ban appeal then please tell the whole story and not just the part of it, or don't include this at all. I accept that my behaviour is punishable and I know the consequences quite well, but if we are talking about this win-switch blaming, then I won't let you lie about this, because you did that no matter what you say. And again, tell the whole story not just part of it if you are posting this personal conflict on the forum.

Dalyup!
Description: Haggis

Postby Dalyup! » Thu 28. Apr 2016, 19:48

Let's not get acrimonious guys.

To summarise, from what I understand about the situation:

• Narko joined a game with a low player count. Narko's team eventually went to win.
  • Petya believes Narko intentionally joined the winning team.
  • Petya told Narko as such over a few(?) matches.
  • Petya deliberately played bad on BridgeOfFate.

I do not get the impression from what has been presented that Narko deliberately joined the winning team considering the low player count. Ultimately, unless it is starkly clear, the obvious objective measurement of "balanced" teams is an equal number of players on each team. Narko joined the the team with the lesser player count. I do not think it is reasonable for him to take into count the skill levels of each player before joining teams - he presumably just wanted to start playing and went by the player count. In an ideal world, both teams would be equally skilled but a lot of the time that is not possible; Narko is a good player and he may have upped the skill level of one team so as to make it unbalanced by skill levels. I highly doubt Narko would do that deliberately nor do I really think it is fair to expect him to sit out for a map he likes because he will have a big impact on one team.

I understand you were annoyed Petya but if you have problems with a player, you can PM us. There is no need to cause friction especially considering it is unproductive and leads nowhere.

The last point has not really been mentioned - Petya, did you really deliberately play bad on BridgeOfFate? If so, why? That is not fair to the other players who have done nothing wrong.

-Nick-

Postby -Nick- » Thu 28. Apr 2016, 19:50

Not going to say anything about this incident between N4rkoT1k and [P]etya but would like to say something on my view of the concept of balance. I think it's relevant, but if it's in any way detrimental in terms of derailing this incident/thread, please remove my post.

N4rkoT1k wrote:I joined blue ofc, managed to turn the game cause there were not many good players to compete. Afterwards the drama of the screenshot begins

In the past i have been shamed by players because i will join the losing team all in the name of balance and then the team i joined has quickly won. Has happened many a time on spankjox so i can understand what has happened between yourself and [P]etya, but that's none of my business. Point is, if you consider yourself more skilled than the average player, be very weary when changing, one player can completely change the game. After i have learned this, i adapted the thought of evaluating the map, the skill traits of the players and the flow of the game to make my deicision if it's right for ME to change. Noticed how i capitisaled 'me'. I know my skill level on each map and who i'm fighting agaisnt, can be better than other players, can be worst. This is how i make the deicision if i myself should change. After evaluating everything about the game and it's players, i will only switch team when I feel that I and the skills i can give during that certain point in the match is needed. I will not balance just for sake of it. In my admin days, i would have. During that time i repeatedly misjudged the concept of balance and have made many wrong deicsions doing that and have completely messed up games, and have rightly been called out for it. I have noticed that balance and fair game is more adapted by seniour players, not all, but some. It's a shame theres not some way to show understanding of balance and it's effects to new and existing players who don't balance. Guess we all learn the hard way.

Edit: Correction of spelling :jump:

Return to “Reports, Bans & Appeals”