Banned

Zon3r
Description: Don't shoot at me!

Banned

Postby Zon3r » Wed 9. Nov 2016, 22:09

So i got banned for "spawnkilling" i guess, which is a bit laughable, i killed few guys at a locked node. i never realized killing someone at a locked node is a greater felony then shooting the core with a mino or bombing it with the dragon etc. when there are no options to spawn anywhere else. Certain players(you know who they are) are doing it for the past 6 years since i'm playing on the server, and didn't get banned or kicked or anything.
So yeah, i believe my ban was undeserved.
There are no rules for anyone on the server, but i guess there are for me.
Please specify which rules do exist? cause i see none enforced(for others at least).

Cat1981England

Re: Banned

Postby Cat1981England » Wed 9. Nov 2016, 23:02

People get warned, kicked and banned all the time. The reason why you don't see it, is because they don't jump on the forum and try and play the victim :lol:

If you're unhappy with the way admins apply the rules, you can always play somewhere else :thumbup:
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1:

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

Zon3r

Postby Zon3r » Wed 9. Nov 2016, 23:07

I see, i'm glad this made you so happy. not playing victim, just trying to clarify few things. so it's a perma ban?

Miauz55555

Postby Miauz55555 » Wed 9. Nov 2016, 23:11

Thats a seson-kick/ban.
When you write the time, map, nick which you used when that happend [use the Epic stats (NY-timezone) and link the match, too http://ut2004stats.epicgames.com/serverstats.php?server=35879231] the Admin who did that will tell you why.

However.. sometimes you get a sesonkick from the server without a reason AND without an Admin involved.. happend rarly but it happend (don't ask why).

Cat1981England

Postby Cat1981England » Wed 9. Nov 2016, 23:12

@ Zoner

This was the third ses ban i've personally done this week, and no, it was a session ban as it said in the message you received (the top of the message).
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1:

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

Zon3r

Postby Zon3r » Wed 9. Nov 2016, 23:15

Tried to join masterbath, the map after storage, but it said my ip is banned

-Nick-

Postby -Nick- » Wed 9. Nov 2016, 23:43

I'm going to just share my opinion here on the circumstance and all the times I've played with/against you.

Zon3r wrote:So i got banned for "spawnkilling" i guess, which is a bit laughable, i killed few guys at a locked node.

Whenever someone kills you at a locked node, you'll always call them out like they should be immediately punished. Message the admins via PM if you generally see players breaking rules or even if your're not happy with the enforcement of the rules, which is clearly evident. Also, I've noticed that if someone else has broken a rule like spawnkilling for example, you tend to take on the attitude that because they have done it and got a way with it, why can't I? You knew you were breaking a rule whilst spawn killing, but because other players have 'gotten' away with it, does not mean it's okay to follow suit. You seem to understand the rules well, lead by example.

Zon3r wrote:Certain players(you know who they are)

Many players do break the rules. But a players attitude towards other players and any following action/revenge plays a part. No better than the rule breakers themselves in my opinion. There's the thin line between intentional and mistake. Many players will just accuse thinking it was intentional. An admin would/should know the difference. You probably intentionally spawn killed and it's probably not the frist time, hence the ban.

Zon3r wrote:There are no rules for anyone on the server, but i guess there are for me.

They bloody are. Doesn't matter if you're an admin or just a regular player, the rules apply for everybody. Things get missed. You could call out a player whilst an admin is present, but they might not break that rule for the rest of the night, should an action be taken against them beacuse you saw it? No. It's at the admins discretion.

All that said, i love playing against you, Zon3r and would honestly be sad to see you be permantly banned.

Zon3r

Postby Zon3r » Thu 10. Nov 2016, 00:02

-Nick- wrote:Whenever someone kills you at a locked node, you'll always call them out like they should be immediately punished.

That is not correct at all:
First off, i do not consider killing at a locked node spawnkilling, only at the base, and i do not call them out for that( for killing at a locked node).
Second, you should have noticed that lately i'm totally keeping quiet about baselaming and such, don't care anymore.

-Nick-

Postby -Nick- » Thu 10. Nov 2016, 00:18

Zon3r wrote:That is not correct at all:

Yes it is. Would not of been mentioned otherwise.

Beside that, all you had was a session ban. Understand the reason(s) sent the admins why and carry on fragging.

Zon3r wrote: you should have noticed that lately i'm totally keeping quiet

Not really. Giving the jip you give other players for breaking the rules, that'd be for the best seeing as though you just got session banned.

Dalyup!
Description: Haggis

Postby Dalyup! » Thu 10. Nov 2016, 19:49

Zon3r wrote:Please specify which rules do exist?

Rules: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=467

Zon3r wrote:cause i see none enforced(for others at least).

As one example, banned players: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=19

Return to “Reports, Bans & Appeals”