Someone on Ceonss using my player tag

Racer X

Postby Racer X » Sun 16. Apr 2017, 16:58

Good day All and Happy Easter!
This is my first time on your forums. I have played here a few times.I was on today around 1:30 pm and played a bit, left and came back to see another player using my player name, Racer X. I was wondering how i can prevent this player from using my name?

Miauz55555

Postby Miauz55555 » Sun 16. Apr 2017, 19:09

Hi Racer X,

wellcome to the forum and happy Eastern.

In general you can't prevent anyone from using a nickname in this game if you allow more than one nickname per person. The player who enters the server first will have the name and the other will named from the server to "Player" with a more or less random number.
What you can do is ask the player to change the name, or ask an admin (if online) to do that. I took a look and the player who was using "Racer_X", too, and the player never write something and uses random nicks.. so I think it was not intended to use one which is used bye an other player.

GLoups!
Description: Just play for fun.

Postby GLoups! » Sun 16. Apr 2017, 19:33

Hey racer, not so long ago, i leaved a match and came back right after and surprise, my nick was changed to "player" and my player name was still here, i think it's a bug like two ut2004 sessions were running at the same time, dunno if it's what happened here.
If someone took your name, it should be two Racer X name display on screen.

Pegasus
Description: ONSWordFactory

Postby Pegasus » Sun 16. Apr 2017, 19:40

Barring a case of client-side connection drop and immediate rejoining (where the server might retain a "ghost" presence of the same nicknamed player for the next minute or so before removing them), if a nickname has been established on CEONSS, and someone else later on attempts to use it - especially if reasonable, timely protest against that action and request to cease was expressed (and ignored) ingame, suggesting a conscious choice by the "borrower" - wouldn't the original player be covered and protected by the server's rule against impersonation? Context and currently missing relevant facts should matter here.

PS: Welcome to the msg. board, Racer.
PPS: Thread possibly belong to another section?

Miauz55555

Postby Miauz55555 » Sun 16. Apr 2017, 20:17

Gloups thing is the "ghost" what Peg wrote.. I also had that a few times.
Racers thing is the "borrow" thing.. so yes Racer would have the rules on his site.. I think changing the "borrowed" name and than his to the other would clear that fine.

I was also thinking the topic belongs more to "reports" than here.. so since we are two now, I will move it there.

Cat1981England

Postby Cat1981England » Mon 17. Apr 2017, 18:26

Hey Racer, welcome to the forum.

It was just your ghost :thumbup:
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1:

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

Return to “Reports, Bans & Appeals”