This L A G G

Server setup, history & future
SysX

This L A G G

Postby SysX » Wed 20. Mar 2019, 00:14

lichReen wrote:right now it was fine. 40 ping stable, no jitter and no p/l

can't be on my end as I haven't changed anything.

It can be isp related, or at least it could now in your case.
I've had issues with my isp in the past too where I had high ping on set times in the evenings... it got sorted out back then and I moved eventually.
WOooHOoo!! »\o\°\O/°/o/«

Hyden
Description: Eastern Coast Canadian, gamer

This L A G G

Postby Hyden » Wed 20. Mar 2019, 14:16

I noticed last night that for a while several users had P/L according to the scoreboard screen, including myself. The strange thing was that I wasn't seeing it in game the way I normal would with the typical skipping effect. everything seemed fine. :O

lichReen
Description: i like UT

This L A G G

Postby lichReen » Fri 22. Mar 2019, 00:44

SysX wrote:
lichReen wrote:right now it was fine. 40 ping stable, no jitter and no p/l

can't be on my end as I haven't changed anything.

It can be isp related, or at least it could now in your case.
I've had issues with my isp in the past too where I had high ping on set times in the evenings... it got sorted out back then and I moved eventually.

Hyden wrote:I noticed last night that for a while several users had P/L according to the scoreboard screen, including myself. The strange thing was that I wasn't seeing it in game the way I normal would with the typical skipping effect. everything seemed fine. :O

Gaaah, who to believe??

:dunnosoz:

SysX

Re: This L A G G

Postby SysX » Fri 22. Mar 2019, 09:35

Both can be right sadly :(
WOooHOoo!! »\o\°\O/°/o/«

SysX

This L A G G

Postby SysX » Wed 3. Apr 2019, 20:09

Just to add since I saw you playing today, if it was the server you where complaining about and I have 40 ping then I don't think it's all server related.
Did you run the tests to be sure when you have this high ping?

Like I said in this thread that I had issues with my isp a while back, that I only had high pings on set times, the cause was too many connections for the infrastructure that was in place.

Also did you try looking on other servers if you have the same ping there? if it is then I would suggest calling your isp, if it's not then I don't know really.
WOooHOoo!! »\o\°\O/°/o/«

EmanReleipS
Administrator
Description: Pancake Fairy

Re: This L A G G

Postby EmanReleipS » Wed 3. Apr 2019, 21:32

I've changed a server setting this morning, so please let me know if that helped.

EmanReleipS
Administrator
Description: Pancake Fairy

This L A G G

Postby EmanReleipS » Sat 13. Apr 2019, 13:24

Some peeps still seem to be experiencing problems. Could those who are getting P/L loss please download WinMTR and post your test results here?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Miauz55555

This L A G G

Postby Miauz55555 » Sat 13. Apr 2019, 17:33

EmanReleipS wrote:Some peeps still seem to be experiencing problems. Could those who are getting P/L loss please download WinMTR and post your test results here?

When you do that than
  • Do it on different times.
  • Do use a cabel connection.
  • Don't do other things on your PC.
  • Don't use the network for other things.
  • Let it run for minimum 10 minutes.
  • Black out the first IPs.
  • Also use some speedtest with bufferbloat measurement like this: http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest
If you have something which lookst like my own, and a high bufferbloat on upload or download, than it's your connection. When you have different results on different times, than it's your connection, too. Possible solutions would be to play abit with quality of service, to ask your ISP if they can put your connection on a clamp which is not used so much, change the ISP use fibre wire.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “CEONSS Public Server”