Donations

Server setup, history & future
EmanReleipS
Administrator
Description: Pancake Fairy

Re: Donations

Post by EmanReleipS » Sat 21. Dec 2013, 15:35

Anik contacted me about organizing a mass donation two or three weeks ago. Since then, we have stealthily tried to get more regular players to join this board and to recruit participants behind Heinz's back. Glad it was a surprise. :D

But wow - I'm amazed by how much was donated in the end. We didn't want it to put a financial strain on anyone, so we suggested 5€ per person (unfortunately there were even players who said that they couldn't spare any money :cry: ). We were really happy about the positive and enthusiastic feed-back we got from our fellow players. I estimated that we'd get around 100€ in donations, but more than three times that was donated! I feel very proud of our fellow players and I'm really happy to be part of this community of amazing people. Thanks again to everyone! :luvu: o:o

We hope this will show you, dear Heinz, how much we value your work and the effort you're putting into this server. This is the Christmas gift of CEONSS' regular players to you. Anik and I (like Funky has said, too) hope that this will draw attention to the option to donate and that you will receive more (and regular) support in the future. Merry Christmas!

Also, a shout-out to Wormby, who is continuing to provide us with exciting, new content that keeps UT2004 fresh and dynamic. Thanks to you, too! o:o

Anik
Description: Pink gun nub

Post by Anik » Sat 21. Dec 2013, 16:10

:luvu: :luvu: :luvu:

:dancegal:

{DUB}Cochrane
Description: Netherlands

Post by {DUB}Cochrane » Sat 21. Dec 2013, 18:48

Dat donations 8-)

Very nicely done Anik and Eman :thumbup:

Gollum~*B*~AF
Description: it's my RING, only!

Post by Gollum~*B*~AF » Sat 21. Dec 2013, 19:54

Heinzi,

thx to you and to the rest of the ceonss-team - you all did GREAT WORK in 2013!!

Here is the official CEONSS- :award: (better than my own precious.. :shh: :muahaha: )

And thx Anik for annoying me.. (that i don't forget to donate @ 20.12. ;) :ghehe:

merrymerry x-mas and a happy new year to all CEONSS-Playerz!! We love uuuuuuu!!! :dancegal:

Golly [out of german Mordor :firedevil: )

Anik

Post by Anik » Sat 21. Dec 2013, 20:07

Gollum~*B*~AF wrote:
And thx Anik for annoying me.. (that i don't forget to donate @ 20.12. ;) :ghehe:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Golllly THAT was a secret behind the scenes! Shhhh

:dancegal: :dancegal: :dancegal:

You and that Cat have such big mouths!

:lol:

laboRHEinz
Administrator
Description: Old Fart

Post by laboRHEinz » Sun 22. Dec 2013, 11:32

EmanReleipS wrote:Anik contacted me about organizing a mass donation two or three weeks ago. Since then, we have stealthily tried to get more regular players to join this board and to recruit participants behind Heinz's back. Glad it was a surprise. :D

But wow - I'm amazed by how much was donated in the end. We didn't want it to put a financial strain on anyone, so we suggested 5€ per person (unfortunately there were even players who said that they couldn't spare any money :cry: ). We were really happy about the positive and enthusiastic feed-back we got from our fellow players. I estimated that we'd get around 100€ in donations, but more than three times that was donated! I feel very proud of our fellow players and I'm really happy to be part of this community of amazing people. Thanks again to everyone! :luvu: o:o

We hope this will show you, dear Heinz, how much we value your work and the effort you're putting into this server. This is the Christmas gift of CEONSS' regular players to you. Anik and I (like Funky has said, too) hope that this will draw attention to the option to donate and that you will receive more (and regular) support in the future. Merry Christmas!
Ahah, Eman, so you were wrapping this xmas gift, too? I see, didn't know that yet. Then, a huge thank you to you, too! It's a very, very nice gesture of all donators and especially of you both girls organising it :D You really managed to surprise me :lol: :wave:

However, I can't take all of the flowers, by far, we have some more people contributing a lot to the server, in particular our ingame admins Cat, Golly & Ten and of course Pegasus, who's working a lot mainly in our content management section, mostly behind the curtain, though.
EmanReleipS wrote:Also, a shout-out to Wormby, who is continuing to provide us with exciting, new content that keeps UT2004 fresh and dynamic. Thanks to you, too! o:o
+1 absolutely :thumbup:

EmanReleipS
Administrator
Description: Pancake Fairy

Post by EmanReleipS » Sun 22. Dec 2013, 14:29

laboRHEinz wrote:Ahah, Eman, so you were wrapping this xmas gift, too? I see, didn't know that yet. Then, a huge thank you to you, too! It's a very, very nice gesture of all donators and especially of you both girls organising it :D You really managed to surprise me :lol: :wave:
Well, I had only a very minor part. Everyone else participating is what made this a great gift.
I actually wanted to send a postcard, too, to make it a bit more personal, but we had no way of getting your address and couldn't ask you for it, either, because that would have been too obvious... :lol:
However, I can't take all of the flowers, by far, we have some more people contributing a lot to the server, in particular our ingame admins Cat, Golly & Ten
Yupp. They are doing an amazing job! :clap:
and of course Pegasus, who's working a lot mainly in our content management section, mostly behind the curtain, though.
Whatever he is doing so secretly, he is very humble about it - he sent Anik a Pegasus-style message about how awesome you are, Heinz. :lol:

Anik

Post by Anik » Sun 22. Dec 2013, 15:01

EmanReleipS wrote:
laboRHEinz wrote:Ahah, Eman, so you were wrapping this xmas gift, too? I see, didn't know that yet. Then, a huge thank you to you, too! It's a very, very nice gesture of all donators and especially of you both girls organising it :D You really managed to surprise me :lol: :wave:
Well, I had only a very minor part.
Not true, first of all you supported and me made me go on in this crazyness, you know how insecure it started :/ What will people think, say etc... :D And look at the list ... it's still growing ... how awesome! :wohoo: I was VERY excited and anxious in the same time about it :D Then you joined the Santa helpers and shared the same joy :wohoo:
EmanReleipS wrote: Everyone else participating is what made this a great gift.
Indeed, thank you all for this (I told you to imagine laboR's face when he sees the donation notification :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: - that was a funny thing to imagine)
EmanReleipS wrote:
I actually wanted to send a postcard, too, to make it a bit more personal, but we had no way of getting your address and couldn't ask you for it, either, because that would have been too obvious... :lol:
Ema told me she wanted to send you also cookies LOL, but I convinced her to send it to me instead (monday they'll get to Anik for real :luvu: ) :dancegal: .
EmanReleipS wrote: - he sent Anik a Pegasus-style message about how awesome you are, Heinz. :lol:
loool somethings should REALLY stay behind the scenes :oops: :D :D

Xac
Description: keeping it UNreal since 2004

Post by Xac » Sun 22. Dec 2013, 23:33

Well done everyone! But don't forget, CEONSS is not just for Christmas :D

Heinz could do with continued support throughout the year, so keep up the good work :vaderfight:
Play it safe, do what Droopy says..."Always double tap!"

elect
Description: Srly? Are u kidding me?

Post by elect » Fri 10. Jan 2014, 16:30

Damn, I read the Anik initiative a little late... But I wanna join anyway

But I hate Paypal, they have fees, dont they?

Could you send me your iban by pm, labor?

Ps: since when are running this?