Bot Skill

Server setup, history & future
Cat1981England

Re: Bot Skill

Postby Cat1981England » Sat 30. Nov 2013, 00:18

It can be irritating, but there are a few newbies still coming to the game.

-----

Anyone tried this? The bots do play differently from the standard ones, a little more cunning.
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1:

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

EmanReleipS
Administrator
Description: Pancake Fairy

Postby EmanReleipS » Sat 30. Nov 2013, 00:52

We had a couple today....kept asking about how to use vehicles, build nodes, etc.

Xac
Description: keeping it UNreal since 2004

Postby Xac » Sat 30. Nov 2013, 10:11

EmanReleipS wrote:We had a couple today....kept asking about how to use vehicles, build nodes, etc.

Nice to see new people still getting into UT2k4 we shouldn't scare them away.

When I first started, I was so hopeless people would swear at me to get off their server! I'm more thick skinned than most though, so I stuck around :lol:
I tried to drown my sorrows, but somehow they learned how to swim...

Wormbo
Description: Coding Dude

Postby Wormbo » Sat 30. Nov 2013, 10:52

What many people don't know, there's actually a tutorial video for Onslaught, like there is for the other game modes. But since there's no Onslaught part in the single player ladder, most players never see it. The video takes place in what seems to be an old version of ONS-Dawn and explains all basics - using vehicles, destroying/building/repairing nodes and how to win the match by destroying the enemy core. It also shows how Onslaught maps would look if Epic hadn't invented weapon lockers. :D

Type "open TUT-ONS" in the console to play the Onslaught tutorial video. (Needless to say you will be disconnected if you are connected to a server.) The other tutorial maps are TUT-DM, TUT-CTF, TUT-BR and TUT-DOM2. (They, too, are based on older versions of existing maps - DM-Asbestos, CTF-Face3, BR-Anubis and DOM-ScorchedEarth.)

Cat1981England

Postby Cat1981England » Sun 1. Dec 2013, 00:56

Nice, didn't even know that existed. Dawn certainly looks odd :wtf:

Turns out it's also under - Community - Movies - Onslaught Tutorial.
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1:

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

Wormbo
Description: Coding Dude

Postby Wormbo » Sun 1. Dec 2013, 12:36

Heh, I never go to the Community tab. (Except those few times I click it by accident or actually want to view a demo.)

What most Wormbos don't know: The Community page has a Movies tab. :o

Xac
Description: keeping it UNreal since 2004

Postby Xac » Sun 1. Dec 2013, 13:58

The thread has gone a bit off topic, do you think it would be a good idea to have a section on the forum where a how to play ONS mode is a sticky, or a having a tutorial section or something?

Just thinking if someone does a search, they probably wouldn't think of looking at this thread.
I tried to drown my sorrows, but somehow they learned how to swim...

Zon3r
Description: Don't shoot at me!

Postby Zon3r » Tue 14. Jan 2014, 22:23

Back to the topic. few mins ago played in a team with bots, after the match i just left the server. i was a bit frustrated, the are frakin useless. I wont play with useless bots. You can see it here

[P]etya

Postby [P]etya » Tue 14. Jan 2014, 22:36

The AI will be dumb on Godlike too. You can't make them super smart. The only things which are improved by the difficulty are the aim and movement (dodges and things like that).

Problem with bots that sometimes they go idle and defense one spot. The bots are already cheating with some weapons. If you get too near them then they'll switch to Flak Cannon and kill you with 1-2 shots.

Zon3r
Description: Don't shoot at me!

Postby Zon3r » Tue 14. Jan 2014, 22:43

[P]etya wrote:The AI will be dumb on Godlike too. You can't make them super smart. The only things which are improved by the difficulty are the aim and movement (dodges and things like that).

Problem with bots that sometimes they go idle and defense one spot. The bots are already cheating with some weapons. If you get too near them then they'll switch to Flak Cannon and kill you with 1-2 shots.

Oh you are very much wrong, the higher the skill the smarter they became, using the vehicles and the map itself better. I would like a bot that can actually shoot down something. As for defense, they can understand orders. But i'm not arguing, just stated the obvious

Return to “CEONSS Public Server”