No
11%

Total votes: 9

nine
Description: i also like nv maps

Draor taken off ceons

Post by nine » Sun 30. Mar 2014, 14:11

Hi it's nine

So after my second game of draor, and I'm sick of it! It's an unfair map and it backfired trying to make it fair

nine

nine
Description: i also like nv maps

Re: Draor taken off ceons

Post by nine » Sun 30. Mar 2014, 14:11

My vote is Yes (Take it of)

EmanReleipS
Administrator
Description: Pancake Fairy

Post by EmanReleipS » Sun 30. Mar 2014, 15:10

If it's possible to have a map taken off after voting it in....then my vote is yes, please remove that map.

Pegasus
Description: ONSWordFactory

Post by Pegasus » Sun 30. Mar 2014, 16:22

Tbh, considering the exceptional circumstances under which it was reintroduced, I don't believe a poll is even necessary for Draor to be removed from the roster again, but if anyone thinks there's a point to be made here by doing so, vote away - positively or negatively.

On the more general issue of facilitating the removal of any map from the roster, I'd think targeted critique of its fundamental and irredeemable flaws carries more weight than a mere joint voicing of disapproval - particularly because, in a subtractive context such as this, the latter can carry more risks when total community dynamics aren't fully understood compared to the vocal subgroup - and that's what we tend to look for from members to help inform our decisions. That said, as everyone knows, officially, taking maps off circulation isn't a poll-driven process.

Kenny--OMG!!
Description: I have been verified.

Post by Kenny--OMG!! » Sun 30. Mar 2014, 22:47

Although I'm the one who started the vote to bring back Draor as a zombie map, I have to admit that the reasons for which it was removed in the first place came back to me very quickly after the first 15+ players game. The gameplay on Draor is utterly chaotic and the (presumable) pleasure you get solely from trying out a drastically different environment than any other map has to offer is nowhere near a compensation for that.

It was a nostalgic call with very-very poor consequences. Sorry guys! :(

Feed it to the fishez! :thumbdown:

EmanReleipS
Administrator
Description: Pancake Fairy

Post by EmanReleipS » Wed 2. Apr 2014, 21:05

Don't sweat it, mate, lots of us made a bad call by voting that map in. Don't worry about it! o:o