Some Half-Life 2 vehicles

Server setup, history & future
[P]etya

Some Half-Life 2 vehicles

Post by [P]etya » Mon 7. Apr 2014, 19:13

Hello! It's me again and I've found a good pack for UT2004, which contains Half-Life 2 stuff. Well this package contains 3 vehicles from the Half-Life 2, the Strider, the Combine Helicopter and the Combine Synth Gunship. These vehicles can be used in Onslaught.

Here's a link to the package: http://www.utzone.de/forum/downloads.ph ... le&id=1033

Well I guess some sort of description is needed about the vehicles

The Strider
The Strider is a big tripod and it can carry only one person. It's main weapon is a machine gun. It's secondary weapon is a big lazor, which can decimate almost everything. The laser has a small blast radius and needs to recharge.

The Combine Helicopter
Just a big helicopter. It's main weapon is a machine gun, but unlike the Strider it's machine gun needs to be charged first. It's secondary weapon is rather simple. It can drop spherical bombs. It is rather slow.

The Combine Synth Gunship
Well it's a big, dragonfly like vehicle. It has only one weapon, a machine gun (what a surprise). It's machine gun needs to be charged too before shooting, but it charges faster and it is more precise. It is faster than the helicopter.

Well this is all. I'm still searching for other vehicles, because I do remember that I saw a video about HL2 vehicles in ONS on YouTube, but I can't find it...

MrPenguin
Description: Here's the penguin

Re: Some Half-Life 2 vehicles

Post by MrPenguin » Wed 9. Apr 2014, 13:09

Cool! It would be nice to try these out - maybe we could have an "beta test" map on the server with them in?

[P]etya

Post by [P]etya » Wed 9. Apr 2014, 16:43

I don't think that they are so unbalanced. Neither of them can insta-kill players. Well, Strider can, but it's secondary weapon fires slowly, so it is easy to dodge. Although players might be in trouble against Gunship and Chopper, because both of them can shoot down AVRiL rockets easily. Well, that's why so many ppl hated Gunship as an enemy in HL2. :D The player had to tricks with the rockets in order to hit the Gunship. :D

GLoups!
Description: Just play for fun.

Post by GLoups! » Wed 9. Apr 2014, 19:42

Just a little fun I try, I will not deny that vehicles are quite implayable, the helicopter skin is buggy, only the gunship has a good design..does the monster can protect nodes? :lol:

[video][/video]

[P]etya

Post by [P]etya » Wed 9. Apr 2014, 21:06

I haven't tried the monsters so far. :D Well I have to admit that the Helicopter is shitty, but the other 2 aren't that bad. I'd say they are just tricky and it is harder to control them than normal vehicles.

[P]etya

Post by [P]etya » Sun 13. Apr 2014, 21:34

I'd like to see the Gunship and the Strider in some maps! :P I think these both are quite playable. Though don't expect instant kills with them.