Thank you, Cat!

Server setup, history & future
Wormbo
Description: Coding Dude

Thank you, Cat!

Post by Wormbo » Fri 25. Jul 2014, 20:42

It's probably not like nobody ever says that to you, but since it's SysAdmin Appreciation Day, I'd like to take this opportunity to start and official thank you thread. :)

Thank you, Cat, for everything you do for the server and this community. :thumbup:

laboRHEinz
Administrator
Description: Old Fart

Re: Thank you, Cat!

Post by laboRHEinz » Fri 25. Jul 2014, 21:21

Yeah indeed, I know from experience how incredibly much is going on in the background nobody else would ever take notice of. So: THANKS, CAT!

EmanReleipS
Administrator
Description: Pancake Fairy

Post by EmanReleipS » Fri 25. Jul 2014, 21:44

I can only second that. The boss has been doing a terrific job. On top of offering us this great server to play on (a thank you to Heinzi as well for the last 4.5 years!), he is a fun and kind admin and is continuously putting in a lot of effort for us! :award:

Gaffer
Description: Total arse

Post by Gaffer » Fri 25. Jul 2014, 23:49

Thank you BossCat for being such an awesome boss, running such an awesome bossing sever and for being an all round awesome bossing boss :D Also a massive thank you to everyone else involved in running this amazing server + forum!!!

[P]etya

Post by [P]etya » Sat 26. Jul 2014, 08:00

We can't thank you enough. Running such an awesome server, maybe the last remaining awesome server in the world of UT2004. I have to thank you for running this server, because I haven't had the pleasure to play on a server with such a good community and with really good maps, even though there are some I don't like. :D I like how you and others fix the problems and do editing job on maps.

-Nick-

Post by -Nick- » Sat 26. Jul 2014, 15:17

This is great, Wormbo :thumbup:. I agree, for someone who at first may not of had a full understanding of the task ahead, is certainly doing a good job to carry on the quality, and we all appreciate it :thumbup:

To Heinz and Cat :award:

Hyden
Description: Eastern Coast Canadian, gamer

Post by Hyden » Sat 26. Jul 2014, 22:09

Thank you Cat, what you and others do is appreciated greatly !

Cat1981England

Post by Cat1981England » Sat 26. Jul 2014, 22:47

My ego is already big enough, so although this is very kind, it's unnecessary and more importantly unjustified. Any credit should go to Heinz who managed the server for 4.5 years, and left it in such a good state, that I simply have to type in two commands everyday to the server to keep it running.

Credit should also go to Peg who has been working hard for an equally long time and to his new colleague Ema for contributing greatly to the content and management of both the forum and server. To Goll, Ten and Monk for keeping the server cheat free and relatively happy. To all the map editors, VK, Gloupy, Crusha, Spank and many others for the maps they provide. To Wormbo for the mods he's created which contribute hugely to the server. And of course all the players who provide ideas, feedback, demos and maps, or simply balance teams or heal a vehicle which for me is what makes ons special. Ultimately CEONSS belongs to all of us, and if we all contribute in a positive way, we could all help to create something special.

Anyway that's enough Oscar winning speech bollocks, starting to make myself feel sick. Lets get back to virtually killing each other!
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1:

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

EmanReleipS
Administrator
Description: Pancake Fairy

Post by EmanReleipS » Sat 26. Jul 2014, 23:39

That's our boss, all humble. :D

Yes, Heinzi, the mod team, the mappers and the vibrant community that is keeping this server alive all deserve lots of appreciation. But if you hadn't decided to take over the server, we might not have it anymore today, so please do accept a little bit of praise, Cat!

(If you are worried about your ego getting too big, I can kill you plenty on the server. :twisted: )

Pegasus
Description: ONSWordFactory

Post by Pegasus » Sun 27. Jul 2014, 01:47

"ATTENTION ON DECK, YOU WRETCHED SCALLYWAGS!"

Wonder if I should've gone with this one instead...

*Ahem*

Cap'n...