Yes
87%
No
13%

Total votes: 15

Cat1981England

Zombie poll: Rail

Post by Cat1981England » Sat 29. Nov 2014, 01:11

Anyone want to see Rail back on the server for a week? (30th November to 7th December)
rail.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1:

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

RottenToTheCore
Description: Not related to Power-Cores ;)

Re: Zombie poll: Rail

Post by RottenToTheCore » Sat 29. Nov 2014, 01:40

Yep,

why not? Performance is really bad, but i would like to give it a try again :thumbup:

Dalyup!
Description: Haggis

Post by Dalyup! » Sat 29. Nov 2014, 12:42

The performance is an issue but I despise the endless stalemate that this map produces with more than 10+ people so No from me.

Snuff
Description: Kill'em all !!!

Post by Snuff » Sat 29. Nov 2014, 15:14

most definitely, yes please, asap... :yippiiieh:

btw - are there no coders left who could take on the task of maybe fixing the performance issues ?

respectfully disagree with previous post - I personally don't mind the stalemate - after all, eventually there'll be the core drain in overtime,
which happens on quite a few maps when teams are balanced, so for me, extended fragging on a
superb map pretty much tops the need for the destruction of the opposite core by the players...
"Mortificare agere delectat" (Cicero or sumthin)

Cat1981England

Post by Cat1981England » Sat 29. Nov 2014, 15:48

It may be possible to fix the stalemate and performance issues, but it wouldn't be until the new year as we already have quite a few edits going on atm.

If someone wants to start a new thread in 'The Creative Corner' with ideas about how we can go about this, it would be very helpful :thumbup:

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

Steinein

Post by Steinein » Sat 29. Nov 2014, 16:34

I loved this map in UT3, great layout so yes from me.

joeblow
Description: male gamer

Post by joeblow » Tue 9. Dec 2014, 16:39

What areas are the low fps?

I have a much older rig and I see little if any slow downs on this baby.

Cat1981England

Post by Cat1981England » Tue 9. Dec 2014, 20:41

Around the central area. I think the problem is simply the amount of calculations the server needs to do and sending that to all 32p who are pretty much playing in the same area.

MMR

Post by MMR » Tue 20. Jan 2015, 13:42

I used to play this map with old 2-core processor (not even Core 2 Duo, but Dual Core overclocked to 3.8GHz) and I didn't ever note unplayable or annoying fps. I always play with fraps turned on so I always see the current fps on every map. I think that the low fps issue on this map is exaggerated based what I was observing in real game with many players. Not to mention that nowadays people have much better hardware than my old 2-core cpu.

Cat1981England

Post by Cat1981England » Tue 20. Jan 2015, 18:30

I think you may be right there MMR about fps, net performance is an issue though. Our most recent edit seems (so far) to have done the trick, so i'm hoping to clean one or to things up and make some tweaks based on player feedback before putting out a final edit this weekend :thumbup: