User definable skin-colours

Server setup, history & future
RottenToTheCore
Description: Not related to Power-Cores ;)

User definable skin-colours

Postby RottenToTheCore » Thu 5. Mar 2015, 16:32

Saw that on different servers, thought it was great. You can define the skincolour of your team and of the enemy team. Enemy team default is a very bright green.

I know that you want to keep the server clean and keep it free from all the bloating addons BUT:

Yesterday i again got really angry as i could NOT see SolaRolas skin on VKs-playground. I just saw a shadow jumping back and forth. That sucks.

Another method would be to activate brightskins.

Opinions?

Greetz,
Rotten

Zon3r
Description: Don't shoot at me!

Re: User definable skin-colours

Postby Zon3r » Thu 5. Mar 2015, 17:23

Well the boss promised brightskins last year, maybe we will get eventually :)
another option would be to disable antitcc brightskin check, so we could enable it manually

Maniac
Description: Ain't no rest for the wicked

Postby Maniac » Thu 5. Mar 2015, 20:39

I agree with Zon3r, the best option would be to allow enabling it locally. There are both competitive and casual players on server, in fact, one player can have competitive and casual mood :) Just disable anticheat check and let player know they can set brightskins if they want.

Cat1981England

Postby Cat1981England » Thu 5. Mar 2015, 23:48

The built-in bright skin or player highlighting has been enabled for about a year now. Anti-tcc isn't checking skins as far as I know unless that's tied in with one of the other checks. We can't use UTcomp due to security, performance and reliability issues, plus I don't think it plays well with UTPlus anyway.

If you want a bright skin mod, you'll need to find one that's whitelisted and doesn't have any issues. The name of that mod would be helpful Rott :thumbup:
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1:

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

RottenToTheCore

Postby RottenToTheCore » Sat 14. Mar 2015, 17:57

How to activate brightskins in my ini so that it works on CEONSS?

Sry, i am just the guy who yells "i need it" :mrgreen: . I really have no idea what whitelisted mod we can use :/.

Pegasus
Description: ONSWordFactory

Postby Pegasus » Sat 14. Mar 2015, 19:01

Here you go, Rott.

Keep in mind, however, that anything more than simply enabling unlit/forced/corona'd models is beyond the scope of what standard UT2004+AntiTCC can achieve/allow for the purposes of fair play, and would require running a dedicated mutator, such as UTComp, with all the problems that might create with its interactions with ONSPlus. As discussed elsewhere, UTComp itself does not have a good track record there.

RottenToTheCore

Postby RottenToTheCore » Sun 15. Mar 2015, 20:37

Hey,

thx for that. But seems that this thread was exactly what i tried some years ago. Just recalled that :D. And i put it back to default as it didn't work out. Seems that the really bright skins only come with UTcomp then :/.

Damnit. It's so great with UTcomp.

What probs in interaction with ONSPlus did you experience?

Greets

[P]etya

Postby [P]etya » Thu 19. Mar 2015, 14:44

UTComp is still the best component for a server, but in certain regions it is infamous for its flaw which could open a gate for hacker attacks. Anyway as far as I know that the breach can be sealed by simply disabling that function. I still support its use, but it's up to the admins to decide what they are going to use.

As for user definable skin colours try to use forcemodel. Its only flaw is that it works only with certain characters (that's why you see so many players playing as Gorge, because Gorge is among those characters which forcemodel can be used with). There are lots of guides how to set it up and it's not difficult at all. It's just a little ini editing. It is also a white-listed modification, so Anti-TCC won't react.

Return to “CEONSS Public Server”