Stock maps on server

Server setup, history & future
Cat1981England

Stock maps on server

Postby Cat1981England » Mon 15. Feb 2016, 18:04

Just to let everyone know, we will be hosting the stock Onslaughts maps on our server for a week alongside our custom ones in all their unedited glory!

ONS-Adara
ONS-ArcticStronghold
ONS-Crossfire
ONS-Dawn
ONS-Dria
ONS-FrostBite
ONS-Primeval
ONS-RedPlanet
ONS-Severance
ONS-Torlan
ONS-Tricky
ONS-Urban

If anyone votes for FrostBite while i'm not on, i will hunt you down and kill you :firedevil: Just a little fyi
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1:

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

Miauz55555

Re: Stock maps on server

Postby Miauz55555 » Mon 15. Feb 2016, 18:26

Nice. :thumbup:
Well it can always happen than an Admin accidentally forced a mapchange when he/she is voting while loged in. :stopitnoob:

[P]etya
Description: someone

Postby [P]etya » Tue 16. Feb 2016, 09:50

So does this mean that only these will be playable for a week?

Miauz55555

Postby Miauz55555 » Tue 16. Feb 2016, 12:03

[P]etya wrote:So does this mean that only these will be playable for a week?

No [P]etya there are in addition.
All other maps are playable as well.

EmanReleipS
Administrator
Description: Pancake Fairy

Postby EmanReleipS » Tue 16. Feb 2016, 15:44

Cat1981England wrote:Just to let everyone know, we will be hosting the stock Onslaughts maps on our server for a week alongside our custom ones in all their unedited glory!

ONS-Adara
ONS-ArcticStronghold
ONS-Crossfire
ONS-Dawn
ONS-Dria
ONS-FrostBite
ONS-Primeval
ONS-RedPlanet
ONS-Severance
ONS-Torlan
ONS-Tricky
ONS-Urban

If anyone votes for FrostBite while i'm not on, i will hunt you down and kill you :firedevil: Just a little fyi

I thought you really wanted to play RedPlanet.... :p

unkorix

Postby unkorix » Fri 28. Oct 2016, 19:50

Why don't add these stock maps to the server?

Cat1981England

Postby Cat1981England » Fri 28. Oct 2016, 20:30

unkorix wrote:Why don't add these stock maps to the server?

I'm a big fan of the stock maps and would love to see them on permanently, but sadly they are designed for 16 players not 32. They are lacking vehicles, weapons and ammo. The number of nodes and the choke link setup isn't suited for more then 16p

They will go on again for a week at some point, probably early next year :thumbup:

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

Hyden
Description: Eastern Coast Canadian, gamer

Postby Hyden » Sat 29. Oct 2016, 13:17

Yay!

]M[
Description: laggy but not too shabby^

Postby ]M[ » Sun 30. Oct 2016, 08:59

Cat1981England wrote:
unkorix wrote:Why don't add these stock maps to the server?

I'm a big fan of the stock maps and would love to see them on permanently, but sadly they are designed for 16 players not 32. They are lacking vehicles, weapons and ammo. The number of nodes and the choke link setup isn't suited for more then 16p

...should we not think about keeping the 32p versions of these on a permanent basis then? They're great to have around, classics which define ONS - good for newer players to get acquainted with the essence of the game-type, and even also fun to revisit for those who've been around for years!

We have a number of them, but let's add/keep the 32p versions of Frost / Tricky / Severance / Cross / Redplanet?

Cat1981England

Postby Cat1981England » Sun 30. Oct 2016, 11:51

]M[ wrote:...should we not think about keeping the 32p versions of these on a permanent basis then? They're great to have around, classics which define ONS - good for newer players to get acquainted with the essence of the game-type, and even also fun to revisit for those who've been around for years!

We have a number of them, but let's add/keep the 32p versions of Frost / Tricky / Severance / Cross / Redplanet?

It's not just the basics as mentioned before, but also the layout of the terrain. This is why Frost, Tricky, Severance and Redplanet never managed to make the change up to 32p and Heinz (quite rightfully) removed them long ago.

Return to “CEONSS Public Server”