Enough is enough!!!!!!!!!!!

Server setup, history & future
smalltown
Description: UT 2004 cunt player

Enough is enough!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby smalltown » Tue 5. Apr 2016, 20:05

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Getting killed by high pinger twats or idiots from other side of the world on maps where there are relics, will really irritate anyone as f*ck....
I prefer to be stomboed or flakked right in the face rather than getting killed by out of nowhere thinking it is a cheater who is shooting at you.
Kindly remove the relics from all the new custom maps, that was implemented in the map roster like jailbreak, spacecargo,.....
I had my dose of it now, remove it from those maps or delete the maps from the roster and replace with stock ones or anything without relics I don't care....

I really really hate the speedbump relic the most......................................
:firedevil: :firedevil: STOMBOTOWN :firedevil: :firedevil: :machinegun: :cool2cool: :yoman:

N4rkoT1k
Description: Lovin UT2004

Re: Enough is enough!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby N4rkoT1k » Wed 6. Apr 2016, 14:10

Hey smalltown,

I am a bit confused about what you mean exactly.
Is it the "high pinger twats" or is it the relics? Or a combination of those?

Guess I could fall into the "high pinger twats" category since my connection sucks sporadically..

Relics are pretty nice most of the time but I also found that speed relic is kinda imba compared to other relics

EmanReleipS
Description: Pancake Fairy

Postby EmanReleipS » Wed 6. Apr 2016, 15:30

Smalltown, you are welcome to start a discussion about the pros and cons of adding relics to maps and about the various types of relics. But "I hate that players who shouldn't be able to kill me can now kill me" isn't a valid argument. Your "argument" basically boils down to arrogance and paranoia. This is unlikely to convince us to remove all relics or maps with relics (a lot of which have proven to be very popular).

You should also reevaluate your attitude towards players with high pings.

[P]etya
Description: someone

Postby [P]etya » Wed 6. Apr 2016, 21:35

There are people who like the relics, so I don't think that they should be removed because one person had issues with relic using, high ping "twats". Only a handful of maps have relics. I also dislike certain maps. Best solution: go to spectate if such map is played. And forgive those high ping twats. UT2004 isn't the same as it was 12 years ago. There are only a handful of servers at the moment which could be played, so players will join whichever server they can join and the ping doesn't matter. The number of servers will only decrease as time passes.

Miauz55555

Postby Miauz55555 » Thu 7. Apr 2016, 11:48

As N4rkoT1k, I don't fully understand the first sentence. But I think you just mean the relics.
I know that you really hate the map Jailbreak because of the stacking reliks. Other like that. But it's the only map where they are stacking. Ok when a good player had all 3 relics, u-damage, instagib and invisible it is really hard to get him and the best way is to nuke the whole map. And it's also hard to hit someone who is [s]flying[/s] dodging over the map with the speedrelic.

The main thing is to play fair and have fun. Some like the relics, some don't. Same with the tanks, or the manta. It's imposible to finde a roster where every map is liked by everyone.

Pro/contra for relics.. well you will finde much more contra then pro. The biggest pro is that they are funny. The biggest contra it that they could be annoying in the wrong hands. But as I said it's the same with the tanks, especially the mino. When a good tank-player drives it he can turn the game, when a 'bad' drives it it will be destroyed in seconds.

EmanReleipS
Description: Pancake Fairy

Postby EmanReleipS » Thu 7. Apr 2016, 14:04

My post was a pretty harsh, sorry for that.

As the others have said, we can't possibly make everyone happy. For every player we have who wants one thing, we have another that wants the opposite. Our content for the server is a giant compromise aimed at giving everyone something they like.

There are a bunch of arguments you can make for and against relics, mainly the ones Miau has given. If you approach the topic of relics from that point of view, you will have more success convincing us. As it is, maps with relics (esp Spacecargo, Playground, Stonewall) are popular. I'm certain part of their popularity is due to the relics.

Jailbreak is a terrible map, though. I agree with you on that.

Also, as Petya pointed out, players with high pings are common. We have a number of regular players with a ping of 100+ and as the number of Onslaught servers is falling, players with high ping will become even more normal to see on our server. It is a good thing that these players feel welcome on our server. The relics can help them negate their ping disadvantage and make them feel more useful for their team.

Next time Jailbreak is on, just join me in spec. :)

smalltown
Description: UT 2004 cunt player

Postby smalltown » Sun 10. Apr 2016, 23:16

EmanReleipS wrote:
You should also reevaluate your attitude towards players with high pings.

I would agree to that but seriously those relics are really annoying,mainly in jailbreak...
I would suggest that for jailbreak, the use of more than one relic is restricted like you can only have one at a time...(should be on test). Either you have the health relic, the radiation one or the speed bump, only one can be used at a time like in vk playground and space cargo...
:firedevil: :firedevil: STOMBOTOWN :firedevil: :firedevil: :machinegun: :cool2cool: :yoman:

Miauz55555

Postby Miauz55555 » Thu 14. Apr 2016, 10:35

smalltown wrote:[...]I would suggest that for jailbreak, the use of more than one relic is restricted like you can only have one at a time...(should be on test).[...]

Cat was so nice to edit Jailbreak a bit. We played it yesterday.

N4rkoT1k
Description: Lovin UT2004

Postby N4rkoT1k » Thu 14. Apr 2016, 10:38

Cat was so nice to edit Jailbreak a bit. We played it yesterday.

Thx @ Cat!
Was on the map yesterday and realized that relics were not stacking any more.
Looks fine to me. Multiple relics are fun sometimes but rly overpowered..

salko
Description: defender

Postby salko » Thu 14. Apr 2016, 11:04

I need multi-relics for vehicles. For imagine, Minotaur with invisibility, auto health and triple speed...

Return to “CEONSS Public Server”