Reseting the map vote for peak server times

Server setup, history & future
joeblow
Description: male gamer

Reseting the map vote for peak server times

Postby joeblow » Wed 1. Jun 2016, 23:05

/discuss

Wanting to have the map vote reset so all the maps are available at the peak server times what ever they are,I dunno what time it is over there, I guess bedtime.

:nuts:

EmanReleipS
Administrator
Description: Pancake Fairy

Re: Reseting the map vote for peak server times

Postby EmanReleipS » Thu 2. Jun 2016, 20:39

joeblow wrote:/discuss

Wanting to have the map vote reset so all the maps are available at the peak server times what ever they are,I dunno what time it is over there, I guess bedtime.

:nuts:

So you want all the DM maps in a row with 32 people hopelessly overcrowding the smaller maps and making it the maximum amount of possible spamminess?

Btw, I'm fairly certain only Cat is able to reset the map vote thing and he'd need to do it manually several times per day, every day then. Not feasible.

Cat1981England

Postby Cat1981England » Fri 3. Jun 2016, 20:39

In addition to what Ema has said, resetting the map vote will mean all the popular maps will be voted for by the afternoon players and the evening players will be left with 2nd/3rd tier maps. It would also mean that the same maps get played at the same time everyday, which would be extremely boring for everyone.
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1:

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

joeblow
Description: male gamer

Postby joeblow » Sat 4. Jun 2016, 22:50

I think I am not being clear.

I want ALL the maps available for vote when the server is full and its peak time.

Not just one map.

That way the server population can decide what map to play from a full list not the last 10 maps that nobody has voted for all day.

EmanReleipS
Administrator
Description: Pancake Fairy

Postby EmanReleipS » Mon 6. Jun 2016, 20:23

joeblow wrote:I think I am not being clear.

I want ALL the maps available for vote when the server is full and its peak time.

Not just one map.

That way the server population can decide what map to play from a full list not the last 10 maps that nobody has voted for all day.

I'm confused. That's what I thought you meant in the first place.

If all the maps are open, people will vote for the maps they like in a row. That means depending on the crowd we will either have all DM or all tank maps in a row. We also have several peak times per day, so the voting would need to be reset several times. The only person who can do this is Cat.
As Cat pointed out, that would mean at the first peak time, we'd see all the most popular maps played in a row. Then a few hours later at the next peak time, we'd see the same couple of maps in a row again. And that would happen again the next day. In the end, we'd end up playing the same maps over and over again. And anyone not online at the peak times would not get to play the popular maps anymore, which isn't exactly fair, either.

Btw, we have 74 maps on the server and a repeat limit of 28. That's more than half the roster open for voting.

I get why you just want to be able to vote for whatever you want, but for the people who are on the server daily, it would get very annoying very fast to have the voting completely open.

Return to “CEONSS Public Server”