Cat1981England
Administrator

Re: Anti-TCC screenshot

Postby Cat1981England » Thu 1. Sep 2016, 20:31

Thanks for your help Wormbo :thumbup:

----

Does anyone else want to add anything?
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1:

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

EmanReleipS
Description: Pancake Fairy

Postby EmanReleipS » Thu 1. Sep 2016, 22:53

Only my belated thanks to Wormbo. :thumbup:

joeblow
Description: male gamer

Postby joeblow » Fri 2. Sep 2016, 16:13

Dalyup! wrote:I don't really have much to add that hasn't already been said. I don't think this is a terrible idea but I'm a bit sceptical of its helpfulness in actually catching cheaters. Anyone know cases where it did?

Also, Joe, could you PM (if you haven't already) those who you think are cheating? Even if we add this mutator - or any other - people can cheat through unconventional means which are difficult to catch via a mutator.

I sure can. Its a very long lengthy list of 7. But one Cat banned in the last 2 months I believe.

I only send it to other Admins.

I made the movies ,reply cam etc but the files are big for me to send Cat might still have them.

Cat1981England
Administrator

Postby Cat1981England » Fri 2. Sep 2016, 20:07

joeblow wrote:I made the movies ,reply cam etc but the files are big for me to send Cat might still have them.

I should still have them. Can you roughly remember when you sent them Joe?

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

GLoups!
Description: Just play for fun.

Postby GLoups! » Fri 2. Sep 2016, 23:48

Joeblow, zony, you should give names and/or use the Reports, Bans & Appeals forum, i'm afraid this should raising suspicions against all the good players around, and make them leave the server, just a thought . Others players shall be able to think that there is a lots of cheaters on the servers, that i don't believe...this should be public to make things clearer.

joeblow

Postby joeblow » Sun 4. Sep 2016, 16:24

Cat1981England wrote:
joeblow wrote:I made the movies ,reply cam etc but the files are big for me to send Cat might still have them.

I should still have them. Can you roughly remember when you sent them Joe?

Cat im looking but I think we used E mail because my standard email is blocked. Im digging for it. Work weekends and they have you blocked at work as well :cool2cool:

I think Miauz might have the list as well when he gets back.

joeblow

Postby joeblow » Sun 4. Sep 2016, 16:46

GLoups! wrote:Joeblow, zony, you should give names and/or use the Reports, Bans & Appeals forum, i'm afraid this should raising suspicions against all the good players around, and make them leave the server, just a thought . Others players shall be able to think that there is a lots of cheaters on the servers, that i don't believe...this should be public to make things clearer.

I have been in contact with Cat since maybe a year or so.

I don't discuss a lot in public because you are correct. If I am wrong then it is not fair to the person that is not cheating. I only do Admin to Admin since it might contain player GUIDS and IP address of people who play and that to me is private info.

Also just maybe a small repeat :

I am the active "game" Admin on the Death Warrant.ONS server. I have been now for almost 10 years.

I took that job, that I was given and did not want, very seriously. The day I took it was the last day I actually played the game, a whole map, with out having to pause and act as an Admin in some fashion. It is not something you just "turn off" because I am on on your server even so much that I want to. I new all this going into it. I am a 44 year adult. I love this game or I would not care so much for it. All this being discuss now here has been on the DW server over the years. Some of the arguments are really practically word for word what I have heard before. If you check there stats lately you will see how it turned out.

This will be my last post on this topic and probably on this forum. I am just distracting from the topic and not helping in anyway shape or form other than to create animosity among people I call my friends in game and in real life.

Good Luck!

GLoups!
Description: Just play for fun.

Postby GLoups! » Sun 4. Sep 2016, 18:11

joeblow wrote:
This will be my last post on this topic and probably on this forum. I am just distracting from the topic and not helping in anyway shape or form other than to create animosity among people I call my friends in game and in real life.

Good Luck!

I'm very sad to hear that Joe... my post was nothing personal and hope it wasn't hurt you, i think that all the members here will always welcomed you anyway .

-Nick-

Postby -Nick- » Sat 17. Sep 2016, 22:57

Anti-TCC is great and does catch cheaters. In my opinion physical, manual watch of players is more accurate. A foreign file will be flagged up via Anti-TCC and generally if it's a known cheat then that player would be banned. Otherwise, with the help of Anti-TCC relaying suspicous files, it's up to the admins themsleves to filter out cheaters. Which in my opinion are experienced enough.

I have only witnessed first person two, blatant cheaters in my memory of online gaming. Most likely missed many as many are discreet. One on UT years ago and one on BF4. Meanwhile I've witnessed hundreds of accusations. Can't relay on other players experiences but there is a definite a medium here.

joeblow wrote: I only do Admin to Admin since it might contain player GUIDS and IP address of people who play and that to me is private info.

A I.P address of an individuals location is no where near private to someone who knows how to access it. Your I.P can be obtained by every step of your internet footprint by anybody with the faintist of infomation. Let alone admin rights to a website, or anything else that people administrate which requires an internet conection. GUID is similar to a CD key in my opinion, which on a personal level is completely irrelevant to the anonymity/location of the user. If the I.P and GUID infomation linked to a individual is so sensitive and confidentional then it would not be openly displayed by the administrator on this here fourm. Which is documented in the 'Reports, Bans & Appeals' sub.

joeblow wrote:This will be my last post on this topic and probably on this forum. I am just distracting from the topic and not helping in anyway shape or form other than to create animosity among people I call my friends in game and in real life.

Man, speak your word and stand by your word. This dying community which we both love, which at least to me is not a place where players are ridiculed to the point of sudden dissapearence. If it's personal then that's a completely different matter. Your input and admin experience is appreciated and is shown in almost every aspect, wether it be in-game, or on the fourms. In generic terms though, when accusing players, apprehension and revalidation should be practiced first before calling out people initially.
Find a way.

Cat1981England
Administrator

Postby Cat1981England » Sun 18. Sep 2016, 21:19

-Nick- wrote:If the I.P and GUID infomation linked to a individual is so sensitive and confidentional then it would not be openly displayed by the administrator on this here fourm.

The only time this information is made public is when someone have been caught cheating or breaking the server rules. Or have i misunderstood?

Return to “CEONSS Public Server”