Second round

Server setup, history & future

How long (if at all) should the quick round be set to?

Poll ended at Sat 5. Nov 2016, 22:54

Turn off
No votes
As it is (7 minutes)
64%
6 minutes
36%
5 minutes
No votes

Total votes: 11

widurr

Second round

Postby widurr » Mon 24. Oct 2016, 22:02

Could the second round be disabled? Personally, I can't see a point in having a second round on the same map.

Miauz55555

Re: Second round

Postby Miauz55555 » Mon 24. Oct 2016, 22:37

It is not a 2.-round but a rebalanced quick round re-match. The timer is set to 7 min atm. So when the teams are highly inbalanced and you get a quick round it should be better in the next (as long no one swich, join, leave, plays better/worse, ... =D ).

And from what I see it is much more balanced than. And much harder to push to the core.

widurr

Postby widurr » Tue 25. Oct 2016, 04:53

So that's why teams get mixed up ;)

I started this thread because in 80% of "new round" cases I'm like "oh no, not this map again" (I think I'm not the only one ;) ) and the remaining 20% like "shit, I was busting my ass off to win and in new round I'm lossing, how great is that". The latter one is for example on SpankJox, which is a fast map and blitzkrieg under 7 minutes is totally acceptable.

In any case, even if teams were unbalanced, wouldn't it be better to have a more balanced re-match on another map? :)

Dalyup!
Description: Haggis

Postby Dalyup! » Tue 25. Oct 2016, 20:35

It can be potentially disappointing to people when they map they like gets chosen and a team gets crushed quickly, ending the map. Also, the balancer sometimes creates unbalanced teams (as it is not omniscient) which can create unfair and equally disappointing games.

Now, I see your point of view regarding people complain about having to play a map again. I have done it myself and see others do it, but I'm a bit sceptical of your percentages (doubtless they are merely examples) as it tends to be the vocal lot mostly who voice discontent. I also agree with you on when it can be a bit disheartening when you blitz through a map and win but, eh, the achievement is in doing that.

I don't think the second round should be disabled due to what I said earlier. We don't some maps to become mere 5-minute affairs. Perhaps the time could be reduced though? I personally think it's okay at 7-minutes as I don't see second rounds invoked that much but I don't play particularly often.

Cat1981England

Postby Cat1981England » Tue 25. Oct 2016, 21:02

The first round is sometimes unbalanced because people leave/join or are just afk very early on with a new map. The second round is usually better because those that don't like a map have gone, everyone is ready etc

I think it's necessary to have it on because if you went 3/4 maps in a row very quickly that wouldn't be a lot of fun. 7 minutes does seem a little high though, as there are maps that you can win in less then that with even teams if everything goes your way (kingdom) or people are simply not paying attention to the radar map (gunshop).

How does reducing it to 5 minutes sound to everyone?
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1:

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

Miauz55555

Postby Miauz55555 » Tue 25. Oct 2016, 21:16

Cat1981England wrote:How does reducing it to 5 minutes sound to everyone?

5 was to short imo. 6 sounds good as a compromise.

Zon3r
Description: Don't shoot at me!

Postby Zon3r » Tue 25. Oct 2016, 22:05

I think it should be left as it is, it works just fine. if it's not broken, why try to fix it.

widurr

Postby widurr » Tue 25. Oct 2016, 22:37

Any shortening the clock looks good to me.

I don't play too often myself, but on the evenings I do, there's almost always a two round match.
And I don't like the second round in both cases - being on the winning or the loosing team.
Anyway, seems I'm alone on this one. No worries though. Perhpas I'll just go to spectating during second round.

Cat1981England

Postby Cat1981England » Tue 25. Oct 2016, 23:00

widurr wrote:Anyway, seems I'm alone on this one.

Only a few of us have said anything and everyone seem to have a different opinion :) I hope it's ok, but I've added a poll to your first post. If two or more options get the same number of votes we'll leave it as it is.

Whatever people decide - we'll go for. Can't get fairer then that :thumbup:
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1:

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

Gaffer
Description: Total arse

Postby Gaffer » Wed 26. Oct 2016, 07:37

Im winning this vote single-handedly :muahaha:

Return to “CEONSS Public Server”