Hello :3

Who is who on CEONSS
Pegasus
Description: ONSWordFactory

Re: Hello :3

Post by Pegasus » Sun 16. Mar 2014, 02:12

Wait, is ingame activity what you meant by "no proper administration" all along? Cause, the way it was phrased, combined with that "I don't know how you will react to this" concern towards some vague group's response, the most reasonable interpretation was that you were mistrusting the staff's receptiveness to criticism, and nobody could figure out what even brought that on. It's a quite simpler matter to address when you explain it plainly like you just did.

First off, I think it's safe to assume most CEONSS members are adults with busy lives and a number of AFK obligations, so when ppl join the server to get a few ggs going in the afternoon/evening, the last thing on their mind is (or should be, anyway) to try n' pick fights or deliberately piss others off. Since we're all different and we all have different morals, moods and tolerance points, a bit of understanding and patience when we meet n' play together can go a long way towards keeping the peace with the same group of folks you're likely to come across the next day and the one after that too. Still, as reminded numerous times before on this msg board, if you (or anyone else) feels someone is behaving in a persistently abusive or disruptive manner, and a polite, non-provocative request to stop doesn't solve the problem, CEONSS has 3 ingame admins - Golly, Cat and Ten - who, if present at the time, may be requested to assess and handle such situations. That's one of the reasons they so generously donate their free time in the first place: to help keep the server a fair and civil, erm, battleground - yeah, that sounds about right :). Lastly, if such a problematic situation happens to occur when none of them are present, you can still collect any relevant evidence (through screenshots or any other helpful manner), and bring it to our attention here so that any necessary actions can later be taken to resolve it, server rules amendments and offenders' punishment included. Point is, CEONSS isn't a jungle and you don't need to feel like you're on your own when you come across a legitimate problem. Assuming we've earned it, trust us to help.
Secondly, not everything a person can do on the server is covered in detail by CEONSS' rules; we're well aware of that and it's the only practical way things could be for any server - same as it is for countries too. That doesn't automatically grant anyone license to keep acting, say, in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, to the detriment of others (or even the server's stable operation) of course, and, whenever present, ingame admins will always have the final say on what players can keep on doing and what actions they should abstain from, once warned. If you're upset about something going on that's not explicitly covered by our rules - be it disruptive spectator chatting, verbal abuse, griefing or anything else - this right here is the fallback one you can always defer to.

Being courteous, reasonable and communicative is everyone's responsibility if we want to keep CEONSS a fun place to come back to and frag with friends. Otherwise, we might as well start considering ourselves a glorified demo server with extra content instead of a community.

[P]etya

Post by [P]etya » Sun 16. Mar 2014, 09:34

If there was a way to ignore certain ppl not to see them talking it would be good, but as far as I know it is broken in UT. So that's why I told these. I don't mind when others are talking, but when it turns into a big spambox of senseless sentences then it is irritating.

[P]etya

Post by [P]etya » Sat 12. Apr 2014, 15:54

Well, as you can see I'm back again. I successfully managed to get rid of my PC problem. Well, I have lags, but lags won't stop me from playing. :D I hope you won't mind seeing me teleporting. :P

Cat1981England

Post by Cat1981England » Sat 12. Apr 2014, 17:24

Good to see you back Pet.
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1:

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

[P]etya

Post by [P]etya » Sat 12. Apr 2014, 18:37

I don't know what the heck is going on with my net, but as far as I have seen these lags happen only in UT2004 and not always. I could play smoothly without lags last afternoon, but in the evening it was terrible. Well this has happened to me lots of times and I know that it is temporary.

joeblow
Description: male gamer

Post by joeblow » Wed 23. Apr 2014, 14:06

Good talking with you the other day. I will take my vitamin D like a good boy and report back how I feel. Maybe it will make me play better. :mrgreen:

[P]etya

Post by [P]etya » Wed 23. Apr 2014, 17:21

Hehe, I hope you'll get better soon! :)

Although I have a serious question... Am I cynical most of the times? I know that my personality is quite unique and strange, but one of my classmates commented that I'm cynical most of the times. Well I behave online the same way as I do in real life. :greengrin:

[P]etya

Post by [P]etya » Wed 23. Apr 2014, 17:31

I think I am everything but not cynical.

Dalyup!
Description: Haggis

Post by Dalyup! » Thu 24. Apr 2014, 12:26

Well, I can only go off what I've seen you post here but you don't give the impression of being cynical.

joeblow
Description: male gamer

Post by joeblow » Thu 24. Apr 2014, 20:55

[P]etya wrote:Hehe, I hope you'll get better soon! :)

Although I have a serious question... Am I cynical most of the times? I know that my personality is quite unique and strange, but one of my classmates commented that I'm cynical most of the times. Well I behave online the same way as I do in real life. :greengrin:
I found you in game and in forums to be highly intelligent. Cynical maybe at times but I don't think its your personality. Ill think on it some more and respond with a better idea.

I did think for a young person you maybe need to lighten up a little in that there a lot of different cultures on this server and a lot of personalities that are different than yours.

Maybe don't take life so seriously! :wohoo: :skip: :bounce: