CEONSS 5 Year Anniversary Party (3.-6. October)

Who is who on CEONSS

Which weekend is best for you for the LAN party?

20./21. September
1
7%
27./28. September
1
7%
4./5. October
4
29%
11./12. October
3
21%
18./19. October
3
21%
25./26. October
2
14%
 
Total votes: 14

User avatar
EmanReleipS
Administrator
Posts: 2250
Joined: Wed 2. Oct 2013, 23:18
Description: Pancake Fairy
Location: Germany

CEONSS 5 Year Anniversary Party (3.-6. October)

Post by EmanReleipS » Tue 24. Jun 2014, 17:47

Hey peeps,

Later this year, our lovely server will turn 5 years old! Apparently that will be in September-ish.... :lol:

So....does anyone want to meet up for the special occasion, maybe even make another little LAN party?
I know that it's still a bit away, but if we want to organize something, it will take some time to plan everything and the sooner we can buy bus/train/plane tickets, the cheaper they will be.

First of all, who (apart from me) is interested and where would you like the party to be (country)? What time in September would work out for you, if you know that already?

As far as I have heard from both Heinzi (when he was still the boss) and Cat, they don't have anything planned. It's in the hands of us players to organize something. So let's do this! :D
Last edited by EmanReleipS on Wed 25. Jun 2014, 22:02, edited 2 times in total.
Image

User avatar
Pegasus
Posts: 1102
Joined: Wed 4. Nov 2009, 23:37
Description: ONSWordFactory
Location: Greece

Re: CEONSS 5 Year Anniversary Party

Post by Pegasus » Wed 25. Jun 2014, 00:51

In which Ema gets CEONSS' birthdate wrong. Again :p.
Image

User avatar
Anik
Posts: 348
Joined: Thu 16. May 2013, 16:20
Description: Pink gun nub

Re: CEONSS 5 Year Anniversary Party

Post by Anik » Wed 25. Jun 2014, 15:59

What a great news!

I am in and Dubby also :wohoo:

I think anytime in September would be good if it is between Friday-Sunday.

:wohoo: :skip:

User avatar
EmanReleipS
Administrator
Posts: 2250
Joined: Wed 2. Oct 2013, 23:18
Description: Pancake Fairy
Location: Germany

Re: CEONSS 5 Year Anniversary Party

Post by EmanReleipS » Wed 25. Jun 2014, 16:05

Pegasus wrote:In which Ema gets CEONSS' birthdate wrong. Again :p.
:rofl:

Um....this is actually the third time I got it wrong. I dimly recall asking Heinzi about his plans for the anniversary when I met him in Real Life and he was a bit like "um...oh....it's a bit later than September." :lol:

When is the exact date, anyway?
Anik wrote:What a great news!

I am in and Dubby also :wohoo:

I think anytime in September would be good if it is between Friday-Sunday.

:wohoo: :skip:
That's great to hear! Would the end of October/beginning of November also work for you? Seems I got the date wrong...(again)-
Image

User avatar
Anik
Posts: 348
Joined: Thu 16. May 2013, 16:20
Description: Pink gun nub

Re: CEONSS 5 Year Anniversary Party

Post by Anik » Wed 25. Jun 2014, 16:12

EmanReleipS wrote:
That's great to hear! Would the end of October/beginning of November also work for you? Seems I got the date wrong...(again)-
Lol, I think it is good also!

User avatar
EmanReleipS
Administrator
Posts: 2250
Joined: Wed 2. Oct 2013, 23:18
Description: Pancake Fairy
Location: Germany

Re: CEONSS 5 Year Anniversary Party

Post by EmanReleipS » Wed 25. Jun 2014, 16:27

Sweet! :D
Any preferred country? How far could you travel for this?
Image

User avatar
Anik
Posts: 348
Joined: Thu 16. May 2013, 16:20
Description: Pink gun nub

Re: CEONSS 5 Year Anniversary Party

Post by Anik » Wed 25. Jun 2014, 16:52

EmanReleipS wrote:Sweet! :D
Any preferred country? How far could you travel for this?
Well, I thought for Germany, I don't think I could get too far :D

User avatar
laboRHEinz
Administrator
Posts: 1186
Joined: Fri 4. Sep 2009, 13:28
Description: Old Fart
Location: Hamburg

Re: CEONSS 5 Year Anniversary Party

Post by laboRHEinz » Wed 25. Jun 2014, 21:21

EmanReleipS wrote:Later this year, our lovely server will turn 5 years old! No one seems to know the exact date, but it's in late October/early November! :lol:
Pegasus wrote:In which Ema gets CEONSS' birthdate wrong. Again :p.
EmanReleipS wrote: :rofl:
Um....this is actually the third time I got it wrong. I dimly recall asking Heinzi about his plans for the anniversary when I met him in Real Life and he was a bit like "um...oh....it's a bit later than September." :lol:

When is the exact date, anyway?
Hehe well, so you'd really like to know the exact birthdate of CEONSS? Alright then, I just went through my mails & logs back then and found the following dates: CEONSS Birth Process
I'd tend to see the very first day of the gameserver released to the public as its birthday. That'd be September 10th 2009, 8:34 pm CEST :D

User avatar
EmanReleipS
Administrator
Posts: 2250
Joined: Wed 2. Oct 2013, 23:18
Description: Pancake Fairy
Location: Germany

Re: CEONSS 5 Year Anniversary Party

Post by EmanReleipS » Wed 25. Jun 2014, 22:00

laboRHEinz wrote:
EmanReleipS wrote:Later this year, our lovely server will turn 5 years old! No one seems to know the exact date, but it's in late October/early November! :lol:
Pegasus wrote:In which Ema gets CEONSS' birthdate wrong. Again :p.
EmanReleipS wrote: :rofl:
Um....this is actually the third time I got it wrong. I dimly recall asking Heinzi about his plans for the anniversary when I met him in Real Life and he was a bit like "um...oh....it's a bit later than September." :lol:

When is the exact date, anyway?
Hehe well, so you'd really like to know the exact birthdate of CEONSS? Alright then, I just went through my mails & logs back then and found the following dates: CEONSS Birth Process
I'd tend to see the very first day of the gameserver released to the public as its birthday. That'd be September 10th 2009, 8:34 pm CEST :D
PEGGGYYYYYYY! I was actually right! (kinda) :lol:

So....what would people prefer, then? September, October? For me it would be September or early October - before university starts again in mid-October.
Image

User avatar
Pegasus
Posts: 1102
Joined: Wed 4. Nov 2009, 23:37
Description: ONSWordFactory
Location: Greece

Re: CEONSS 5 Year Anniversary Party

Post by Pegasus » Wed 25. Jun 2014, 22:20

Well, I stand corrected then, Ema had the right of it. Could be that the reason why Heinz didn't correct me the last time we were discussing this back in March was because he hadn't gone through his logs to verify the events' proper dates. In any case, at least we now have a definitive date for CEONSS' birthday: Sept. 10th. Cool. Mild weather for most of the continent 'round that time too!

Anyway, thanks for that useful insight, mr. Ketchup :).


Edit: funnily enough, it took all this to make me question my previous (msg. board founding-based) knowledge and go through any records from that time I might've kept myself, and wouldn't you know it, GT.com PMs discussing the server's map roster with Heinz dating as early as Sept. 27th, 2009. Hah.
Image