New Boss

News, server & forum rules
Miauz55555

New Boss

Postby Miauz55555 » Sun 22. Oct 2017, 01:32

Awesome post Pegasus.
Ema is defently the best to hold the server where it is (one of the friendliest and best online server arround.. and I'm not just talking about UT2k4) and make it better.. she absolutly love the server and the community.. all of you.. yes also the bad appels. I'm sure she will do great.

So what did Cat.. many.. and who is he?
So first he build an army of Admins to improfe the server. Well and the maps.. the edits.. the mods.. testing.. many many things..
And when all will fail.. not THE Cat.
He allways knows what to do.
And he has allways a helping hand.
He likes beer.
Sometimes he is weard.
He tries to be nice and fair to everyone, allways.
But if it is necessary he is a warrior.
A real Unreal-Samurai.
Now Cat will help a few more natuare things to grow up.
But he will always be THE Cat.. a real Hero.

PS: You owe me a beer, Cat.

N4rkoT1k
Description: Lovin UT2004

Re: New Boss

Postby N4rkoT1k » Mon 23. Oct 2017, 13:58

Damn, Peg writing novels again ^^
Cute cat pics btw ;)

-Nick-

New Boss

Postby -Nick- » Thu 26. Oct 2017, 12:46

Thank you Cat for all your time and energy spent running CEONSS. I'm glad you will be still editing maps and sticking around. After all the work you've put in over the years, one could easily walk away, head high, but to stay editing maps and contributing to the server after your work is 'done' really shows your passion and commitment which has no doubt kept this server alive.

I don't really have much else to say apart from positivity. Ema, you have a strong team of staff to support your new role. With great foundations left behind from both previous owners. Thank you for continuing CEONSS.

laboRHEinz
Administrator
Description: Old Fart

New Boss

Postby laboRHEinz » Sun 29. Oct 2017, 22:45

such an event and I'm late again, unfaithful me... :oops:

Nevertheless: Congratulations, Cat! Big thanks, Ema!
Ooops no, wait... I guess it should be the other way around? :ghehe:

Now, honestly, Cat: You did a tremendous job, poured in an incredible amount of time, efforts and heart. I truly bow down to you and your dedication.

Ema!!! What a lucky crowd we are to have you as the new owner now! From all I've seen you're definitely the right person! I so wish you good luck, lots of helpful hands and much joy!

Can't help it, though, really don't know why... but somehow this song came to my mind :D :

Dalyup!
Description: Haggis

New Boss

Postby Dalyup! » Mon 30. Oct 2017, 23:53

A bit late to the party, but I would like to extend my thanks to all that Cat has done for the server. Peg has nicely detailed your achievements and the considerable extent of them, so I will simply personally thank you for all the editing and administrating you have done over the years. You went above and beyond the call of duty and have made the server a truly exemplary example of what a server should be for a game like UT2K4. I am happy you took over from heinz and took the role so seriously - perhaps too seriously :) - as I think the server wouldn't be as popular as it is today without your unwavering commitment.

All good things must die come to an end, but I am glad you are sticking around in some way. You have garnered a lot of map knowledge over your tenure and it is becoming more invaluable as UT ages. But, just do that when you like and enjoy your retirement. Once more:

Thanks Cat!

Now to Ema:

Well, I know her personally and I know she will do well. She is a different beast to the cat - I am not sure what variety of creature - but she will certainly be tenacious in ensuring the server retains its popularity and hopefully improving upon it. We as admins will be, of course, supporting her in this endeavour, but she will lead us in her own unique way. What kind of "way"? Well, we'll just have to see.

EmanReleipS
Administrator
Description: Pancake Fairy

New Boss

Postby EmanReleipS » Sat 4. Nov 2017, 13:00

Apologies that I'm late to the party, but as the saying goes "ladies last" (or something like that). ;)

Thank you all for the lovely tributes to our runaway feline! Peg has given a brilliant overview of the work that Cat has done and its well worth the read, especially if you want a little taste of all the work that is going on behind the scenes. Miau's tribute with the pictures was hilarious! I'm happy to see that so many people have chimed in here.

Also, many thanks for the well wishes for my own administration! In particular, a big thank you to Gloupy for his generous donation to CEONSS. I had to laugh at Heinz's "lady in red" song.

Now that the dust has settled down a bit, I hope that everyone has calmed down and realized that the server is not going to be all pink and glittery shit from now on. ;) Basically, it's business as usual.

What I want to achieve during my administration is to keep increasing our popularity by improve our maps and our map roster, and to try to draw other players back to this game. I have a strong team of admins to support me with this, but I will rally our editors as well, to try and keep providing new edits and fresh maps. I'm grateful if you guys could also spread the word that this game is still alive and kicking.

I guess now the time has come to say some parting words to Cat, even though I'm sure he won't be gone forever.

Dear Cat,

Thank you for your hard work over the last few years. You've done the work of 10 people all by yourself, while working a demanding job and having a family. I can't begin to describe how draining this server, which is supposed to be a hobby, must have been some days. While I'm sad that you're leaving us as our administrator, I'm happy for you as well, because I know that you will finally get to focus on your family more. I hope that you will spend your free time slurping tee with your feline family, watching catflix and doing all the other stuff you probably didn't have time for before because you were editing a map for us the 7th time in a row, dealing with complainers, giving map feedback, talking to editors, watching the server, collecting map stats by hand, putting together the map download pack, uploading maps to the server, pondering which map changes are necessary, or arguing with me over which texture looks the most like a wallpaper in MyRoom.

Seriously, enjoy your retirement! You more than deserve it. o:o You know where to find us if you ever get bored. ;)

Xac
Description: keeping it UNreal since 2004

New Boss

Postby Xac » Thu 16. Nov 2017, 17:55

EmanReleipS wrote:Apologies that I'm late to the party, but as the saying goes "ladies last" (or something like that). ;)

Oh dear, (other than being very busy lately) what does that make me? :lol:

I had to laugh at Heinz's "lady in red" song.

It'll take me weeks to get over that...in fact I'll just get over it in time for the Christmas "A spaceman came travelling" de Burgh special...noooooo!

First of all I wanted to say a big thank you to CAT for doing a great job of running the server - not only keeping it going, but enhancing it and generally providing this great space where we can have a lot of fun trying to kill each other. All the best for your retirement...although I think you won't be able to let go of UT so easily and you'll continue to contribute a lot to the server :D

Second, congratulations to Ema for taking on this challenge. I'm sure you will do a great job and that the server will be able to go from strength to strength...even if there is an alpaca in every map ;)

Here's to many more years of CEONSS mayhem! :cheers:

PS...in 2019 we ought to have a Brexit CEONSS 10th anniversary LAN party :muahaha:
I tried to drown my sorrows, but somehow they learned how to swim...

Droopy_Bollocks
Description: Mute old man

Re: New Boss

Postby Droopy_Bollocks » Fri 17. Nov 2017, 00:07

As always I'm even later to the party ;-)

I'm not one for too many words, far better, smarter and more qualified folks have made all the important points so I'll simply say this : I don't give out praise too often but Cat mate, you deserve it, bloody hard work and dedication have always shown through from you, really well done mate. Grab the pipe and slippers and take a breather, you've earned it

For Emma, we all know you have what it takes, short on legs but huge in stature ... the server and it's ideals are safe in your hands boss. :)
Don't bother asking - I won't answer.

I'm not ignorant, just finding being quiet stops me getting a bollocking ;-)

Return to “Announcements”