GameTracker

News, server & forum rules
Pegasus
Description: ONSWordFactory

CEONSS on GameTracker

Post by Pegasus »

Ema, assuming you agree with it, could you please amend the msg. board rules post to include a mandate that all posts be written in English (barring exceptional cases where things need to be written in another tongue, obviously), and, ideally, enforce that going forward? This latest trend is getting out of hand.
English may be a second language to many of this community's members, myself included, but the only way to achieve some common ground in communication and achieving anything else together - and also improve one's faculties in said language - is by insisting on making the effort to use it. A member's putative heightened emotional state while writing a post should not be an acceptable excuse from that principle (or any other msg. board rule, for that matter), rather a reason to take a break, recompose oneself, and resume the post at a later, more calm time.

Lastly,
EmanReleipS wrote:[...]linking to the Gametracker group which links back here is circular.[...]
That's the word.

EmanReleipS wrote:[...]Also, I plan to invite a lot of our regular players that I haven't seen in a while into the group, which may remind them of our server and bring them back for a few matches.
If someone's stopped being a regular CEONSS community member, either ingame or here, why would it be likelier they'd keep visiting GT.com more frequently than either server resource? Don't get me wrong, your plan's definitely needed at this point IMO; it's just that the step involving GT.com seems like a redundant bit of extra networking for networking;'s sake, and thus entirely skippable, to me. Hell, at this point Steam might be a more effective means/venue of reaching out to oldbies who've fallen out of touch with CEONSS, maybe give that one a try instead?
Eyes in the skies.
Miauz55555

CEONSS on GameTracker

Post by Miauz55555 »

Romulus wrote: Tue 17. Aug 2021, 05:51
EmanReleipS wrote: Mon 16. Aug 2021, 22:43 I think your previous comment might have made Romulus a uncertain.
Igen, kissé elbizonytalanodtam. Image
First, thanks for your contributions. We are happy about every input from everyone, also when we sometimes need longer to respond or don't respond at all. We are happy and we all appreciate every input, also when it dosn't sound like that sometimes.

When the below sounds harsch, sorry.
For real man, please write in english. Just put your native language in a translator of your choice and past it here. If you are uncertain you can put your native language under the english one.
I saw you edited some of your post which was previosly written in english to your native language: That is not ok. You don't need to edit them back, just please don't do it again. Thanks

PS: I merged the two topics .. may a bit mess now, but it's still ok from my point of view because of the headline. I'm thinking about to move the whole topic to "Community" as "Gametracker" is a community thing.
Romulus

CEONSS on GameTracker

Post by Romulus »

Hi Miauz55555
Okay, thank you very much for your suggestions.

For my part, it’s okay to move the topic as well.

Yes, I have modified my posts to my own language as I am unsure about my English.
Truth be told, I don’t speak English. That’s why I don’t usually respond to messages in the game because I don’t understand.

I’d rather just write an emotion,like someone who understands what it's about :mrgreen:
EmanReleipS
Administrator
Description: Pancake Fairy

CEONSS on GameTracker

Post by EmanReleipS »

Pegasus wrote: Tue 17. Aug 2021, 08:13 Ema, assuming you agree with it, could you please amend the msg. board rules post to include a mandate that all posts be written in English (barring exceptional cases where things need to be written in another tongue, obviously), and, ideally, enforce that going forward? This latest trend is getting out of hand.
In general I'm with you, but this is something that should be discussed in the admin section before implementation. If you mention exceptional cases, then we will also need to define them clearly. I also want to discuss how exactly such a rule would be enforced.
EmanReleipS wrote:[...]Also, I plan to invite a lot of our regular players that I haven't seen in a while into the group, which may remind them of our server and bring them back for a few matches.
If someone's stopped being a regular CEONSS community member, either ingame or here, why would it be likelier they'd keep visiting GT.com more frequently than either server resource? Don't get me wrong, your plan's definitely needed at this point IMO; it's just that the step involving GT.com seems like a redundant bit of extra networking for networking;'s sake, and thus entirely skippable, to me. Hell, at this point Steam might be a more effective means/venue of reaching out to oldbies who've fallen out of touch with CEONSS, maybe give that one a try instead?
Just to clarify: Are you against the addition of a CEONSS team page to Gametracker, against the current content (links) on it, or against both?

Of course we can still change the content of the team page to whatever we find fitting. Suggestions are welcome. Maybe someone is good at writing a marketing-type text for our server/community that could go there?

Regarding the general idea, I posted Romulus' suggestion in the admin section and asked for opinions. I don't have particularly strong feelings about this topic, so I implemented it after the positive feedback. The feedback was limited, but this did not (and still does not) seem like a topic of such importance to me that I need to gather the feedback of the entire team for it. But it seems that there is still a need for discussion, so let us continue the conversation there.