Re: Move

Postby NeuR°FunK » Sun 3. Jun 2012, 21:10

thanks for your time :)

laboRHEinz
Administrator
Description: Old Fart

Postby laboRHEinz » Fri 8. Jun 2012, 19:12

Moving the server to the new provider didn't solve the lag problem at all. The gameplay is still jerky. So I'll move the server back to the old provider soon. Neither the new nor the old provider are able (or willing) to solve the lag problem. So don't expect any improvement after moving back. The old provider still is in his data centre moving process, currently running a tunnel. They'll move their main router in the end of June. Until then, the gameplay will stay as it is at the moment. After that, I'm expecting the gameplay to settle as it was during the last months, at least. Not a perfect performance, but serviceable.

That's why I'm already searching for another provider which is more dedicated to gameservers with their special needs. I'm tired of searching decent ISPs but well ... I'll do everything to have a nice and smooth gameplay again ;-)

L30nidaS
Description: gamer very hot

Postby L30nidaS » Fri 8. Jun 2012, 22:13

Thanks Labor!!

:yoman:

:thumbup:

L30

Zon3r
Description: Don't shoot at me!

Postby Zon3r » Sat 9. Jun 2012, 05:09

You are the best ketchup out there. thanks man :D :yippiiieh:

laboRHEinz
Administrator

Postby laboRHEinz » Mon 11. Jun 2012, 18:27

Soooo ... I’ve now booked at a provider offering so-called “premium traffic”, dedicated to gameservers and other time-critical tasks by assuring low and stable pings. Only one hop away from the DE-CIX, the worlds largest internet node.

Even though I managed to negotiate a special price, it'll cost quite a lot of money, more than twice as much compared to the former ISPs. But to me it was the decision between fun and no fun.

Usually I'm not asking for money but with these provider fees, it's not a pocket money to me anymore. I'll add a donation button soon ;-)

L30nidaS
Description: gamer very hot

Postby L30nidaS » Tue 12. Jun 2012, 20:29

For me no problem you put a button donation i will donate is 4 a right cause

seeya

:slurp:

}TCP{Carnage
Description: Handsome Man :P

Postby }TCP{Carnage » Tue 12. Jun 2012, 20:58

Put it up there Heinz !!
Loving the effort u are putting into this and i hope this will be the final "Hop" :)

laboRHEinz
Administrator

Postby laboRHEinz » Thu 14. Jun 2012, 18:10

Hehe thank you, Carnie :)

The server at the new ISP is up since yesterday: ut2004://95.156.232.3:7777

Cat1981England
Administrator

Postby Cat1981England » Sat 16. Jun 2012, 00:20

laboRHEinz wrote:I'll add a donation button soon ;-)

About bloody time :clap:
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1:

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

laboRHEinz
Administrator

Postby laboRHEinz » Thu 21. Jun 2012, 18:48

Hey all!
So, after having the server running at the new ISP for roughly a week by now, I'm curious how the gameplay turned out for everyone.

From my perception, the "lag" isn't any better compared to like it was at the former ISPs. Gameplay is still jerky IMO. To me, the "premium traffic" seems to be nothing but a marketing trick. I'm bit wondering why there are not many lag complaints, so I'm asking publicly now. Your opinions please!

If you're confirming my impression, here'd be teh plan:
The old ISP is going to finish its move soon by relocating their main router to their new data centre. Then, the currently running tunnel will be replaced by a "real" connection again. This sounds like a good chance for getting back the relatively good connection like we used to have during the last 1.5 years (don't count in the last couple of weeks, please). On top, the old ISP is planning to add further lines; thus possibly, the gameplay might be even better there. However, I'll do thorough network checks and decide whether the server should be moved back to the old ISP or not, based on the objective results.

Anyway, if gameplay won't be acceptable at the chosen ISP, I'll search for another one. Would be the 5th then... but ... wouldn't it be worth it?

Return to “Announcements”