Postby Gollum~*B*~AF » Tue 12. Mar 2013, 17:24

..oki doke - let's try.. :yoman:

laboRHEinz
Administrator
Description: Old Fart

Re: Move

Postby laboRHEinz » Fri 10. Jan 2014, 09:09

Hi all,

our server moved once again, this time from Rotterdam/NL back to Frankfurt/GER, nearby the DE-CIX, the world's largest internet node :)

IP: ut2004://176.57.143.200:7777/

I hope it's enjoyable for everyone :slurp:

N4rkoT1k
Description: Lovin UT2004

Postby N4rkoT1k » Fri 10. Jan 2014, 10:43

Thanks for info!

Ping was shitty yesterday it seemed so I hope its getting better now..

-Nick-

Postby -Nick- » Fri 10. Jan 2014, 14:32

Well i didn't personally experience any lag when the server was in NL, just have a ping of 52-64 instead on 36-48, doesn't take long to adapt though :lol:, hope this new move gives players a better experience :D.

EDIT: Well after a few hours of playing this afternoon i came across a number of issues, there is no pattern to when this happens but some times when i fire the shock, i don't actually see the beam but still get the hit sound, this also happens with combos, they don't show at all sometimes, same with the LG. Some players movement is really jerky aswell. My ping will sometimes go from 52 to 32 to 16 and back to 52 in a matter of a second and i think this is causing the issue with the shock and LG, this has never happened before on CEONSS, but could be a problem down my end (most likely). I was just playing on stonewall and my ping was 60 and near the end of the match i would go into a weapon locker and no weapons where shown on the HUD or in the players hand (Unknown bug?), this has never happened in all my time in UT, this includes playing with a higher ping on other servers.

Although i think these issues are due to my increased ping, i could be wrong. My provider is doubling my internet speed in 2 months due to their long term customer deal, this will lower my ping, but if the problems still exist i will make it aware.
Last edited by -Nick- on Sat 11. Jan 2014, 00:05, edited 1 time in total.

GLoups!
Description: Just play for fun.

Postby GLoups! » Fri 10. Jan 2014, 20:36

You can try Wtfast (google it)- no danger i guess, it work for me when i have 140 constant ping due to my isp, it's one month free : nothing to lose, you can choose the closer server/router to your final destination ... 140 > 60 constant pings

-Nick-

Postby -Nick- » Fri 10. Jan 2014, 22:49

GLoups! wrote:You can try Wtfast (google it)- no danger i guess, it work for me when i have 140 constant ping due to my isp, it's one month free : nothing to lose, you can choose the closer server/router to your final destination ... 140 > 60 constant pings

Thanks for this, will try soon :). Current issues are taking away all the fun :(

Xac
Description: keeping it UNreal since 2004

Postby Xac » Sun 12. Jan 2014, 00:10

With the move to a new server, how long will it take for things like Gametracker to realise and update stats?
I tried to drown my sorrows, but somehow they learned how to swim...

Pegasus
Description: ONSWordFactory

Postby Pegasus » Sun 12. Jan 2014, 00:17

I already fed the new server's info so GT.com can track its stats yesterday, Xac; the current IP's stats page for CEONSS can be found here. Heinz might wanna do that whole "claim it" thing GT requires soon too, so long(er)term players' stats can also start getting collected again.

laboRHEinz
Administrator
Description: Old Fart

Postby laboRHEinz » Mon 13. Jan 2014, 01:13

done ;)

Also, about performance issues, expect some improvements soon. There's still some screws left to tighten.

Xac
Description: keeping it UNreal since 2004

Postby Xac » Mon 13. Jan 2014, 10:19

Pegasus wrote:I already fed the new server's info so GT.com can track its stats yesterday, Xac; the current IP's stats page for CEONSS can be found here. Heinz might wanna do that whole "claim it" thing GT requires soon too, so long(er)term players' stats can also start getting collected again.

Ok, I presume people will also need to update their Gametracker sigs.in their forum posts?

I've noticed an increase in lag since the move...hopefully that will improve as things get optimised.
I tried to drown my sorrows, but somehow they learned how to swim...

Return to “Announcements”