Split

News, server & forum rules
SpaceEngineer
Description: what is it?

Re: Split

Postby SpaceEngineer » Wed 31. Oct 2012, 13:06

Stinger wrote:it needs the server title to be "CEONS-TANKHOUSE" and the colours added so as folks can find it easily and others recognise it as a CEONS resource, and not just another random server

I support this!

laboRHEinz
Administrator
Description: Old Fart

Postby laboRHEinz » Thu 1. Nov 2012, 20:35

Stinger wrote:Thats a shame, its not had very long to get established
Well, the Tankhouse is still running thus still having a chance to get established. Originally the plan was to keep the maps splitted for several weeks in order to let players get used to it. The intention was to gain back several oldschoolers, presently completely avoiding the current main because of the overpowered vehicles, as well as to provide a home for all the tank-lovers. I was even about to post at other communities to advertise a bit. Sure, I've been absolutely aware of player counts would drop on the main server a bit. But not that quickly, not that dramatically. We had less than 8 players last Sunday 10 pm, a time to be considered as prime time. Hence the main server has been switched back to "normal", way earlier than initially planned.

However, the mentioned end of next February doesn't coercively mean the end of the Tankhouse. It's just the end of its ISP contract. If this server will be established and popular then and noone wants to take its hardware & ISP contract, there'll still be the opportunity to move it onto the current main server hardware. Would just mean an IP switch *shrugs*
Stinger wrote:[...], and like rotten said perhaps it needs the server title to be "CEONS-TANKHOUSE" and the colours added so as folks can find it easily and others recognise it as a CEONS resource, and not just another random server
Hmm. The ceonss label wasn't added on purpose. Because ceonss used to stand for balanced maps / rosters. Let's rethink it a bit...

Crusha K. Rool
Description: Coding Crocodile

Postby Crusha K. Rool » Thu 1. Nov 2012, 23:00

If everything else goes wrong, you can still turn it into a Jailbreak/Betrayal server. 8-)

Cat1981England

Postby Cat1981England » Fri 2. Nov 2012, 23:34

Yeah lets not give up on this too quickly, having two servers dedicated to different types of ons would be great for everyone, so long as we can get enough people playing.

Perhaps it would be better to set Tankhouse up as an old school ons server (and change the name obv) so that we can maintain CEONSS and have something to fall back on if it doesn't work.
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1:

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

el_timbo
Description: MoD Firearms, Happy Idiot

Postby el_timbo » Wed 5. Dec 2012, 00:05

Yep, got to agree that Tankhouse needs a chance to get noticed - although I think the name needs to be CEONSS - TANKHOUSE

On another note - playing tonight, what the hell happened to the hit sounds? we now seem to have a different hit sound for everything, can anyone explain the thinking behind this change or is it just an experiment?

Some of the new hit sounds are barely audible and others are almost childlike - isn't a bit more logical just to have the single recognisable sound?

And if anyone gets the chance can someone explain to Kring that bragging about his so called amazing internet speed does not make him immune to lag! normally if I get told I'm lagging a lot I try a router and PC restart. (unless it's Spank telling me course, then I just ignore it and try and kill him again) but Kring's response was bordering on hostility that I would dare accuse him of lagging - anybody would think he has the world's best connection or something.

Sorry for the rant guys

Tim

GLoups!
Description: Just play for fun.

Postby GLoups! » Wed 5. Dec 2012, 14:24

I acknowledge that I am not often on tankhouse, not for the denomination, but because the choice of maps is rather limited, although now we have Desert-JunkYard-X-V6b and TankWars.
Fourteen maps a big party of which is already present in ceonss ,in different version, but that is, more four have version day and night.
I like to play the diversity, ons maps with old school and news, I like action as on maps oriented dm, and sometimes when I lose my stamina,tankmaps are to take a little repose (I am not any more a young wolf cub and sometimes to sit down in an armoured motorized vehicle my legs rest tiredness)
Concerning sounds during a hit with the enemy entity, that's true that some of them are not realistic and give an impression of softness being short of punch.
Then here I simply wanted to give my opinion on the fact that I could realize here and frag check has all. :wohoo:

laboRHEinz
Administrator
Description: Old Fart

Postby laboRHEinz » Wed 5. Dec 2012, 19:18

el_timbo wrote:[...]what the hell happened to the hit sounds? we now seem to have a different hit sound for everything, can anyone explain the thinking behind this change or is it just an experiment?

Some of the new hit sounds are barely audible and others are almost childlike - isn't a bit more logical just to have the single recognisable sound?[...]
Please refer to this thread.

Return to “Announcements”