Staff/Forum Reorganisation

News, server & forum rules
Maniac
Description: Ain't no rest for the wicked

Re: Staff/Forum Reorganisation

Postby Maniac » Mon 4. May 2015, 17:44

Apparently, the "Delete cookies" button on the forums doesn't work as intended. Try searching Google for "clear single site cookies" for your browser program. Or, if it fails, let me know so I get the guidelines for most popular browsers and post them here.

[P]etya

Postby [P]etya » Mon 4. May 2015, 18:32

Yep, that button doesn't work. But it worked when I deleted the site related cookies.

Xac
Description: keeping it UNreal since 2004

Postby Xac » Tue 5. May 2015, 10:44

I had this strange log in problem a while back. It wouldn't log me in, but said at the bottom of the screen that I was logged in. I sorted it by deleting all of the browser's cookies, temporary files, history etc. So when it happened again last week I did the same and I was able to log in.
I tried to drown my sorrows, but somehow they learned how to swim...

-Nick-

Postby -Nick- » Thu 7. May 2015, 19:25

Apologies for the late reply.

Cat1981England wrote:
-FuNkY-MoNk-UK wrote:Refreshing caused an SQL error and the same issue occurred with Chrome. If i clicked on a topic then it would go to the normal layout, but was incredibly slow, basically not useable. Only seemed to happen on the index page. This has only happened twice, no other website has had this problem with either browser, just ceonss.

On Wednesday or another day?

Yupp, on Wednesday it happened on my desktop and the week before on mobile. Huge slow down on mobile at the moment, takes minutes to load any page. I'm guna delete cookies and try different phones, wifi ect. Will let you know if there's still an issue. Can anybody else confirm this? Also, I have noticed there's no direct link from Google search anymore.

Cat1981England

Postby Cat1981England » Fri 8. May 2015, 21:25

Yeah things are a bit of a mess due to this hack which seemed to have happened a week ago last Wednesday-ish. Nobody seems to know how this happened as there was no unusual vulnerability with the forum, but I have reported it to the various software/plugin creators/providers.

We're currently working with our ISP to update some software the forum uses which is beyond our control. Once this is done we can crack on and get the forum itself up to date, but this will mean the loss of one or two things including our style as PHPbb 3.1.* is still very new and lots of things haven't been updated yet.

The good new is that we seemed to have lost very little data other then a few pictures and it's safe to use now.

I'll keep everyone updated as things progress.
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1:

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

EmanReleipS
Administrator
Description: Pancake Fairy

Postby EmanReleipS » Sat 9. May 2015, 13:30

-FuNkY-MoNk-UK wrote:Huge slow down on mobile at the moment, takes minutes to load any page. I'm guna delete cookies and try different phones, wifi ect. Will let you know if there's still an issue. Can anybody else confirm this?

Forum works fine on my phone, no unusually long loading time on my home wifi. I'm using Firefox as a browser.

-Nick-

Postby -Nick- » Sat 9. May 2015, 13:38

EmanReleipS wrote:
-FuNkY-MoNk-UK wrote:Huge slow down on mobile at the moment, takes minutes to load any page. I'm guna delete cookies and try different phones, wifi ect. Will let you know if there's still an issue. Can anybody else confirm this?

Forum works fine on my phone, no unusually long loading time on my home wifi. I'm using Firefox as a browser.

Thanks. Tried Firefox and have no slow downs. I deleted cookies and manged to try 3 different wifi with chrome, still had slow downs. Firefox from now on :thumbup:

Cat1981England

Postby Cat1981England » Mon 18. May 2015, 20:37

Ok, everything related to the forum (OS, PHP, MySQL, PHPbb, style) are now up to date.

Because it's new, a lot of our old stuff isn't supported yet including the style obviously (his is the closest we could find), so we'll just have to make the best of it even if it does look a little weird until some of our old stuff is updated.

There's still a few bits and pieces to work out, but at least it performs well and is secure.
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1:

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

Maniac
Description: Ain't no rest for the wicked

Postby Maniac » Tue 19. May 2015, 05:29

The styles are weird, but big :thumbup: for the work!

Pegasus
Description: ONSWordFactory

Postby Pegasus » Tue 19. May 2015, 17:06

Cat1981England wrote:Ok, everything related to the forum (OS, PHP, MySQL, PHPbb, style) are now up to date.

Because it's new, a lot of our old stuff isn't supported yet including the style obviously (his is the closest we could find), so we'll just have to make the best of it even if it does look a little weird until some of our old stuff is updated.

There's still a few bits and pieces to work out, but at least it performs well and is secure.
This thread has been repurposed and expanded a few times already beyond what it was originally intended to address. Maybe start a new one to specifically cover all msg. board upgrade related issues, feedback & suggestions?

Return to “Announcements”