Staff/Forum Reorganisation

News, server & forum rules
Cat1981England

Staff/Forum Reorganisation

Postby Cat1981England » Sat 4. Apr 2015, 23:08

Hello all, just a quick heads up on what is going on before I get anymore "wtf" PM's.

We're just giving the forum a bit of tender loving care, cleaning up a few things and fixing a few bugs. In addition to this we're going to try and add one or two features (if we can get them to work) while everyone is busy over Easter. As you can see there has also been a reorganisation of the sub-forums so people don't have to go hunting around for Ban appeals and the Match Event sub-forums, and also a new sub-forum "Map Troubleshooting & Feedback" which does what it says on the tin really :)

We're also changing the staff setup by combining the In-game Admins and Global Moderators into a single group called Admins. This shouldn't make any noticeable difference on the surface, but will make things much easier behind the scenes.

The final change is moving (promoting?) our long suffering and under appreciated member Pegasus to the "Retirement" group. This is not really a retirement, but it should give him more time to spend on other things without having to commit himself to CEONSS 24/7. I do want us to take the opportunity however to thank him for the huge amount of work he has done for us over the last 5 and a half years. He has been involved in every area from finding maps, reviewing them, editing them and teaching others how to do these things. Drawing up server and forum rules while also enforcing them. Offering counsel on any and every issue with well thought out, clear, and in hindsight, excellent advice. Plus a thousand other things.

I also want to thank him personally for putting up with my stupid ideas, rambling posts and half arsed jobs. So a big thank you Peg and I hope you still have the time and willpower to be regularly involved :clap:

That's all folks
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1:

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

-Nick-

Re: Staff/Forum Reorganisation

Postby -Nick- » Sun 5. Apr 2015, 10:07

Cat1981England wrote:The final change is moving (promoting?) our long suffering and under appreciated member Pegasus to the "Retirement" group. This is not really a retirement, but it should give him more time to spend on other things without having to commit himself to CEONSS 24/7. I do want us to take the opportunity however to thank him for the huge amount of work he has done for us over the last 5 and a half years. He has been involved in every area from finding maps, reviewing them, editing them and teaching others how to do these things. Drawing up server and forum rules while also enforcing them. Offering counsel on any and every issue with well thought out, clear, and in hindsight, excellent advice. Plus a thousand other things.

Big loss here. I'm glad you will still be floating around, though, Pegasus. Even though i havn't been here from the start, I can see the effect you have had on this server, in-game, on the forums and behind the scenes. I would like to thank you personally for all the knowledge, effort and time you have provided with such sustain. Enjoy your extra time, and as always, take care. :award:

Pegasus
Description: ONSWordFactory

Postby Pegasus » Sun 5. Apr 2015, 22:46

Heh, guess there's no beating 'round the bush about it: when it comes to spring cleaning, House CEONSS doesn't mess around :).

Kidding aside, with this staff structure revision from the previous paradigm of complementary sections of specialization n' authority to the current concept of corralling forces and uniting everyone under the same roof, capacity and group title (Admins), the Boss has made it possible for a considerably bigger part of CEONSS' internal workings to be revealed to them, and with it the opportunity for the new Admins to get a deeper understanding of the ideas, principles and practices that have been driving the server all this time, but also the chance for them to be re-inspired and contribute to any other of its management aspects they might find their skills and preferences best suited for. I suppose, among the ways one could assess this change might be that it's groundbreaking, or that it's merely more democratic, or that it's a radical departure from any management style the old guard might have conceived of as workable.
However one chooses to parse things though, this overhaul may also be just what the server needs to keep its juices fresh n' flowing and stave off stagnation, and it's only reasonable that one full year after assuming the reins and having understood where CEONSS' strengths and weaknesses lie through firsthand experience, its new leader would eventually be taking refining actions in the personnel side of the infrastructure too. So, whether from the perspective of a server regular, a newly upgraded Admin thrust in the thick of all this from their previous routine, or from the probably less visible (or busy :p) vantage point of a retired old staffer, I'm certain it'll be interesting for all of us to see just how things develop from here and where Cat's vision that's now coming into its own will take the server. If recent figures we've been looking at internally are any indication though, expecting CEONSS to continue sailing on calm waters seems like the sounder bet.

Appropriately enough, it seems, this announcement also happens to coincide with the dual milestones of the Boss' completing a full year behind the helm, as mentioned previously, but also of his turning the 1,000-mark corner in his post count since he first registered here almost five years ago as just another member looking to get more actively involved in our community. I find that to be the best example of a trend we've seen repeat with other people here too (and one I'll likely never tire of emphasizing), where members join our ranks, distinguish themselves over time to the point of being invited to fill a staffer position until they come to comprise the server's entire internal team, and find themselves doing the same with subsequent new standouts. [s]And if anyone starts singing The Circle of Life here, I swear I'll zap you with my LG right between your dam-[/s] Ahem. Anyway, I think it's only fitting in my departure from active duty, then, to wish the Boss - as well as the Admins, old and new - a steady surplus of patience, creativity, open-mindedness and inspiration in their work, but also perspective in how they balance their life n' health between this project and the rest of their worldly concerns. Dedication and passion can be admirable qualities in a person, but I think we've all gotten a taste of what can happen when that is applied for lengthy durations without the necessary sense of measure already, so... you know, just make sure you're having some fun and taking the time to prioritize/enjoy the rest of your life's pursuits while planning and crafting behind the Admin section curtain ;).

As for me, well, first of all, I'd like to thank you both for your comments and let you know that your praise and kind words are most appreciated. Perception tends to get a bit blurred when one remains up close n' knee-deep into things for lengthy durations, with a fixed sense of moving from one challenge to the next while juggling a few more in the air. In the end though, I gotta admit, few things feel more rewarding or redeeming in life than being told you made a difference somewhere to someone else with your work, and I'm pretty grateful to be offered that perspective as I retire from the position of co-founder and active staffer.
Just in case anyone was [s]hoping[/s] wondering about it though, please don't take this to mean that I plan to fall off the map completely; I do aim to stick around and offer some assistance (input or maybe of even more practical a nature on occasion) in cases where it might seem fitting. Still, overall, I suppose you can expect my participation to shift more towards the typical community side of things (there's still plenty of music CEONSS needs to be introduced to!), plus there's also the issue of figuring out what's the best way to rock my new purple look, so I'll have that to keep me busy. I'm pretty torn between the porphyrous-cloaked, goatee-sporting mage perusing arcane secrets in the Administration catacombs, and the shadowy ninja (whoops, hehe, perhaps this one instead) smoke-bombing in n' out of threads to drop a salient point - ahhh, decisions, decisions :p.
Anyway, thanks again for the sendoff and for your genial n' productive cooperation all this time while the next management generation concluded the transition into all posts of responsibility, thereby ensuring the project we started in CEONSS has a future after we've stepped down, something I remain profusely thankful for. Best of luck to you all, and no excuses about your aiming getting worse because your new duties are interfering with playtime!

EmanReleipS
Administrator
Description: Pancake Fairy

Postby EmanReleipS » Mon 6. Apr 2015, 20:54

Congrats to Golly, Funky and Ten for their promotion! It will be interesting to see what kind of focus each of them will bring to our team. :welcomewagon:

And thank you to Peg. You have contributed a lot over the last 5 years and wholly deserve your suite with room service in the CEONSS retirement home now, next to Heinzi. Maybe I can get a room there in about 4 years, too. ;)
Jokes aside, you've done a tremendous job and contributed greatly in a variety of fields. :clap: I believe CEONSS has benefited greatly from your input and I'm glad you will still be around to offer your insight in the future.

...plus there's also the issue of figuring out what's the best way to rock my new purple look, so I'll have that to keep me busy. I'm pretty torn between the porphyrous-cloaked, goatee-sporting mage perusing arcane secrets in the Administration catacombs, and the shadowy ninja (whoops, hehe, perhaps this one instead) smoke-bombing in n' out of threads to drop a salient point - ahhh, decisions, decisions :p.

Actually, if you want to hear my opinion as a woman on this, I think the purple reflections on your rotating logo already go very well with your new purple name.

RottenToTheCore
Description: Not related to Power-Cores ;)

Postby RottenToTheCore » Fri 17. Apr 2015, 12:19

Hey guys and gals. That's how Ceonss forums look on my tablet atm. Horrible °,_°
Attachments
Screenshot_2015-04-17-13-19-31.png
Screenshot_2015-04-17-13-19-31.png (410.13 KiB) Viewed 2585 times

]M[
Description: laggy but not too shabby^

Postby ]M[ » Fri 17. Apr 2015, 13:31

...time to get iPad? ;D

Zon3r
Description: Don't shoot at me!

Postby Zon3r » Fri 17. Apr 2015, 14:41

i have the same situation, it's been since cat put the ts thingy to the right side. click on the "board index" under the banner, i have bookmarked that

Maniac
Description: Ain't no rest for the wicked

Postby Maniac » Fri 17. Apr 2015, 15:04

min-width: 600px; on 2nd (central) td should do... and, table positioning is bad, mkay?

Cat1981England

Postby Cat1981England » Fri 17. Apr 2015, 17:56

Well, serves y'all right for using tablets then :p

I'll borrow my neighbours over the weekend and get it fix. In the mean time, as Zon said, you can just click on Board Index and save that to your Favourites.

Thanks for the heads up :thumbup:
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1:

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

RottenToTheCore
Description: Not related to Power-Cores ;)

Postby RottenToTheCore » Sun 19. Apr 2015, 23:10

Cat1981England wrote:In the mean time, as Zon said, you can just click on Board Index and save that to your Favourites.

Worked for me. Thx Cat :thumbup: .

Return to “Announcements”