Staff/Forum Reorganisation

News, server & forum rules
Cat1981England

Re: Staff/Forum Reorganisation

Post by Cat1981England » Sat 2. May 2015, 09:23

There's the possibility that we may have been hacked. I would advise everyone to NOT login to the forum until told otherwise.

If you need to contact me you can send an email to admins@ceonss.net

For general chat try our steam or gametracker pages

http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/ ... .200:7777/

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/CEONSS
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1:

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

Maniac
Description: Ain't no rest for the wicked

Post by Maniac » Sat 2. May 2015, 09:55

Ah screw it... Logged in to forum to read this post :D
Would you kindly put a placeholder warning message instead of the login form so users actually *can* see it?

EDIT: also, I recommend TeamSpeak for general chat - you can see who's there from the main page of the portal.

Cat1981England

Post by Cat1981England » Sat 2. May 2015, 10:16

I'm having trouble making changes to the forum otherwise I would have just removed any login tabs.

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

Xac
Description: keeping it UNreal since 2004

Post by Xac » Sat 2. May 2015, 16:33

Maniac wrote:Ah screw it... Logged in to forum to read this post :D
Would you kindly put a placeholder warning message instead of the login form so users actually *can* see it?

EDIT: also, I recommend TeamSpeak for general chat - you can see who's there from the main page of the portal.
Oh no...just logged in too, then saw this. :roll:
Play it safe, do what Droopy says..."Always double tap!"

EmanReleipS
Administrator
Description: Pancake Fairy

Post by EmanReleipS » Sat 2. May 2015, 18:52

Phew, finally made it in. What worked for me was opening CEONSS in a "private window" in Firefox.

Cat1981England

Post by Cat1981England » Sun 3. May 2015, 00:46

The forum should be working correctly now and it's safe to login.

There may be a few changes in the coming days and the forum will look like a bit of a mess, but hopefully by the end of next week everything should be back to normal.

Although it's not entirely necessary, I would recommend that everyone who has logged into the forum over the last week runs a virus scan just to be on the safe side and considers changing your password. You can do this in your "User Control Panel" - "Edit account settings".

Cat

[P]etya

Post by [P]etya » Sun 3. May 2015, 19:52

The login issue persists. People said that after they login they get dropped out. I also had/have this issue.

I think it is somehow related to the browser, because it allows me to login on Internet Explorer while it doesn't work on Firefox.

Cat1981England

Post by Cat1981England » Sun 3. May 2015, 20:01

Try cleaning your cookies with whatever file cleaning program you use or "Delete all board cookies" at the bottom of the page.

Zon3r
Description: Don't shoot at me!

Post by Zon3r » Mon 4. May 2015, 17:29

Cat1981England wrote:Try cleaning your cookies with whatever file cleaning program you use or "Delete all board cookies" at the bottom of the page.
Nope, i can login only in incognito

EmanReleipS
Administrator
Description: Pancake Fairy

Post by EmanReleipS » Mon 4. May 2015, 17:39

In Firefox, you can manually delete all cookies for CEONSS by going to "settings" -> "privacy" -> "show all cookies" (button). Then just search for "CEONSS" and delete all the ones you find. That worked for me.