New forum bug, feedback and suggestions.

News, server & forum rules
-Nick-

Postby -Nick- » Mon 6. Feb 2017, 20:44

The overhaul of the sites design and the feautures along with it are looking good. I know this intention been long in the works, well done. No bugs so far. One thing that keeps bugging me and that is all the empty space on the sides. Howcome the ratio isn't more spread out and fitting the screen? Seems like im on mobile but on desktop. 1980x1080 doesn't seems right at all. Also, i don't think the tab 'Mine' fits correctly, it should be renamed 'My Posts' to initially add more correlation to the other tabs being releated to the user.

Cat1981England

Postby Cat1981England » Mon 6. Feb 2017, 21:23

The width of the page is linked to the responsiveness of the style on smaller devices and could cause errors if we make it any larger or smaller.

You can override it now. If you click on your user name > User Control Panel > Board Preferences > Edit Display Options > Use Maximum Width, yes. :thumbup:
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1:

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

Gollum~*B*~AF
Description: it's my RING, only!

Postby Gollum~*B*~AF » Fri 10. Feb 2017, 16:55

Great stuff.. see here my Screenshot :clap: :thumbup: :nuts:
Golly
:firedevil:
Screenshot 3440x1440 max width 2017-02-10 um 18.39.43.png
3440x1440 :) works like charme ^
Screenshot 3440x1440 max width 2017-02-10 um 18.39.43.png (295.55 KiB) Viewed 1043 times

Screenshot 3440x1440 max width 2017-02-10 um 19.27.29.png
+ better pic
Screenshot 3440x1440 max width 2017-02-10 um 19.27.29.png (561.23 KiB) Viewed 1033 times

Cat1981England

Postby Cat1981England » Sun 12. Feb 2017, 18:17

The main bulk of the forum is now done, so we're ready for feedback and/or and bugs you my find :thumbup:

Still to do:

- Remove text under the Smilies box.
- Increase the size of peoples avatars in threads.
- Fix the "unable to handle this request" issue. (This isn't to do with the forum itself but our host)
- Synchronise the forum clock. (host)
- http certificate. (host)
- See if it's possible to remove our .de sub-domain (host)

There could be a few additions soon if i can get them to work correctly.

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

Miauz55555

Re: New forum bug, feedback and suggestions.

Postby Miauz55555 » Mon 13. Feb 2017, 09:35

URL Text highlite colour and backgroung highlite colour for embedet links are the same, therefore you can't read the text when highlited. May change the backgroung highlite colour?

-Nick-

Postby -Nick- » Wed 15. Feb 2017, 20:08

Cat1981England wrote:- Increase the size of peoples avatars in threads.

On a similar note. I've noticed that when using full width the post area a user makes it not the same as using the other setting. This is i guess linked to the style and performance for smaller devices which is completely understandable and one users small pick on layout should in no way change the experience for others. Anyway, I decided to play with paint and change the layout to what fits and looks best whilst using full width.

How the layout looks using full width.

How it would look using full width but the same layout as the stock.

Quite like how the online tab is currently, but here's a change.

Cat1981England

Postby Cat1981England » Tue 21. Feb 2017, 20:21

-Nick- wrote:On a similar note. I've noticed that when using full width the post area a user makes it not the same as using the other setting. This is i guess linked to the style and performance for smaller devices which is completely understandable and one users small pick on layout should in no way change the experience for others.

Yeah, it's set as a percentage and not by pixels. As you point out, it's hard to balance between someone using a 5" mobile or a 27" desktop :|

I've reduced the size of the profile from 20% to 12% and the text box from 74% to 87% to close that gap. If anyone has issues with this change please let me know and also add the device you are using.

------------

Has anyone received the "unable to handle this request" error while posting (publicly or PM) over the last couple of days?

Cat1981England

Postby Cat1981England » Thu 3. Aug 2017, 19:05

It would seem that at least a couple of you are having an issue with posting and you have to reload the page then check if whatever you posted did go through.

If this happens to you, could you please post here with the time and date of the error and what browser you are using.

Thank you.

---------

On a side note. If you do have an issue with not just the forum but any other part of CEONSS, please let myself or one of the admins know because if we don't experience the same problem and no one says anything, we will be completely unaware of the issue and won't be able to fix it :thumbup:

EmanReleipS
Administrator
Description: Pancake Fairy

Postby EmanReleipS » Thu 3. Aug 2017, 20:33

I get that all the time in Firefox (if it is what I think it is, which is a white screen after posting). It can be fixed for a while by deleting all board cookies (little button at the bottom of the forum), but it always reappears for me sooner or later, so I've given up by now.

Pegasus
Description: ONSWordFactory

Postby Pegasus » Thu 3. Aug 2017, 21:04

Same issue Ema mentioned after pressing the Submit button to send a post yesterday, Firefox v52.0.2 on Windows. Edit: Strangely, did not get it while posting this one, and I didn't clean out cache or cookies either.

While I'm here and it's been well over 2 years since the last one, might I request a progress update on the CEONSS.net HTTPS issue? TiA.

Return to “Announcements”