New forum bug, feedback and suggestions.

News, server & forum rules
Cat1981England

Postby Cat1981England » Sat 28. Jan 2017, 18:03

It's meant to look more like our old, old style :thumbup:

There's still a lot to do, but i needed to install some mods and most of them are incompatible with the style we have been using lately. Didn't have any other choice then to switch over half way through :|

I'll post again when everything is 99% done.
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1:

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

salko
Description: defender

Postby salko » Mon 30. Jan 2017, 08:47

I miss a link to the new posts since my last visit.

edit: found, in Quick links...

Zon3r
Description: Don't shoot at me!

Re: New forum bug, feedback and suggestions.

Postby Zon3r » Thu 2. Feb 2017, 20:06

Not the most readable message

Cat1981England

Postby Cat1981England » Sun 5. Feb 2017, 12:36

I'm not sure we can change that. Changes made to the style don't seem to have any affect and it's very similar to the messages you get in admin control panel which suggests to me that it's down to the software and not the style. I'll keep trying, but we may have to live with it.

------------

It's no longer necessary to use the Soundcloud or Video bbcodes when posting. Simply copy and paste the url into your post and the forum will automatically embed it for you.

All the old sites are supported such as Youtube, Vimeo, Dailymotion and SoundCloud. Now also supports Bandcamp (couple of years late Peg ;) ), twatter, instagram and a load of other bollocks i've never heard of.

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

EmanReleipS
Administrator
Description: Pancake Fairy

Re: New forum bug, feedback and suggestions.

Postby EmanReleipS » Sun 5. Feb 2017, 15:45

I suddenly got two notifications for posts from way back in the MusicBox thread. Guess the code change is responsible for that.

Cat1981England

Postby Cat1981England » Sun 5. Feb 2017, 15:54

I guess so. Just editing everyones posts now :shock:

Miauz55555

Postby Miauz55555 » Sun 5. Feb 2017, 16:00

Cat1981England wrote:I guess so. Just editing everyones posts now :shock:

Not really, or? Wouldn't it easier to keep the video tag and make that other one parallel?

EmanReleipS
Administrator
Description: Pancake Fairy

Postby EmanReleipS » Sun 5. Feb 2017, 16:11

Cat1981England wrote:I guess so. Just editing everyones posts now :shock:

So I can track your progress via my notifications? :lol: (They pop up when it's a post in which I also got quoted.)

Personally I wouldn't bother with it, at least not for more than the most latest page of the Music Box.

Cat1981England

Postby Cat1981England » Sun 5. Feb 2017, 19:58

Miauz55555 wrote:Not really, or? Wouldn't it easier to keep the video tag and make that other one parallel?

EmanReleipS wrote:Personally I wouldn't bother with it, at least not for more than the most latest page of the Music Box.

I've got a question. Why am i (a bloody Englishman), trying to explain to two Germans the value keeping things organised?!?!

:D Peg made the same point here. This is our third video tag and in another five years we could have three more. If we keep adding to them things are going to get silly at some point. Anyway, spending a sunny Sunday afternoon listening to some great old tracks, deleting [/video] tags isn't too bad.

Miauz55555

Postby Miauz55555 » Sun 5. Feb 2017, 20:49

Cat1981England wrote:I've got a question. Why am i (a bloody Englishman), trying to explain to two Germans the value keeping things organised?!?![...]

Because we are efficient and just drop things like that. :D

Return to “Announcements”