Server down

News, server & forum rules
laboRHEinz
Administrator
Description: Old Fart

Server down

Postby laboRHEinz » Fri 3. Jun 2011, 08:37

Hi, apparently, the server is down at the moment. I'm on it and will let you know the details as soon as I know them.

laboRHEinz
Administrator

Re: Server down

Postby laboRHEinz » Fri 3. Jun 2011, 09:04

it's solved; it wasn't the server but the provider.

Edit: The core switch died and the data center runs a backup switch at the moment. They'll replace it today around 1 pm UTC. There'll be another short off time then.

laboRHEinz
Administrator

Postby laboRHEinz » Tue 18. Oct 2011, 22:18

The server seems down ATM, but it's not - it's the network ;)
I hope the provider will fix that quickly. I can't contact them because their ticket system is affected as well :geek:

laboRHEinz
Administrator

Postby laboRHEinz » Tue 18. Oct 2011, 22:27

OK solved :D

laboRHEinz
Administrator

Postby laboRHEinz » Thu 19. Jul 2012, 22:10

Server is down atm, the ISP is already working on it.

Cat1981England

Server down

Postby Cat1981England » Tue 24. Mar 2015, 21:22

The server will be down for part of tomorrow (Wednesday 25th) as we're increasing the mount of ram on our server from 16gb to 32gb. We're running the server from a ramdisk at the moment and things can get a little tight on occasion. I'll start it back up again as soon as I get home from work.

The match sever will have it's password remove and people can use that to satisfy their UT addiction. You should see it in the Server Browser or you can add it to your favourites,

IP Address: 185.16.84.5:7777
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1:

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

-Nick-

Postby -Nick- » Wed 25. Mar 2015, 10:02

Thanks for the heads up Cat :thumbup: Will players benefit from this upgrade? Or Is it more to do with the server it's self?

salko
Description: defender

Postby salko » Wed 25. Mar 2015, 10:18

More RAM, more frags for me :)

Cat1981England

Postby Cat1981England » Wed 25. Mar 2015, 21:48

Well it's more to do with the server itself.

As you know we've been running off a ramdisk since November and it's helped a lot with the lag but it was a little small for our needs. The server should ideally be shut down everyday to clean up files which are in use, but as we've been getting more and more busy it's becoming harder to find a time when there's nobody on, quite often I have to ask players if I can shut down the server which isn't fair on them. What this means is that we can go longer without having to clean up files so nobody's game is interrupted, we can move the testing server from the HD's to the ramdisk so it's identical when testing maps, and we can even use things such as Wormbo's match analyser without having to move the server back to the old HD's if we wanted.

There isn't really anything else we can do with our hardware as it's all top notch and under utilised, there's no bottlenecks. I don't think we should move to a new ISP as our current one is stable, offers good performance and all the players who had serious routing issues left a year ago. By moving again all we will do is make things worse for a large number of our current players.

The only area where we can improve performance now is with the maps themselves and sadly this is an area where we are short on bodies. We could really do with more people not only increasing the performance of our maps but also improving the gameplay. So if anyone has thought about doing some editing but was a little overwhelmed when they opened the editor, or is waiting for UT4 before trying, please think about having another go or getting a head start before UT4 comes out. This is something that could really help everyone at CEONSS and all anyone has to do is PM me for help if they wish to keep things private or better yet ask in the The Creative Corner where there are several people all willing and able to help :thumbup:
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1:

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

Maniac
Description: Ain't no rest for the wicked

Postby Maniac » Thu 26. Mar 2015, 00:29

disclaimer: move somewhere if offtopic

Could you please add more information?
Which files need to be cleaned? What do you mean by "improving the gameplay"?

Return to “Announcements”