Server down

News, server & forum rules
Cat1981England
Administrator

Re: Server down

Postby Cat1981England » Sun 29. Mar 2015, 11:51

Maniac wrote:Which files need to be cleaned?

There's a whole host of files from OS and performance monitors to join logs and even balancer logs.

What do you mean by "improving the gameplay"?

Good question, and one that's hard to answer :p

If you take one of our current edits Omaha. On the old version it played very well early on, but once one team took control of the map 9 times out of 10 it became a stalemate. The dominating team found it very hard to finish a map off as the defending team had an easily defended core and a lot of fire power, while the defending team didn't have a link setup which allowed them to get back into the match. The result was that people would often leave before the end of the map either out of frustration or boredom.

Our ideas about ONS gameplay have evolved over time and now almost all maps have an open link setup and a lot of fire power at each core, but I think we can go a step further. What I would like us to have is competitive maps where the match can be won before over time and that teams have a chance of getting back into. I don't know if you remember the Dawn match a week ago on Friday. The match swung 4 times between the two teams without players having to balance, there was no shortage of vehicles for people to use and every one had it's use, both sides had the chance to win before overtime and at the end everyone commented on what a good game it was. That's what I would like to see happening all the time.

I think a lot of the maps could be greatly improved with just some small editing. If we placed a Paladin at each core on ChainIsle-SP1 for example, it would completely change how the map plays for the better imo. Just small little things like this can make a big difference to our map roster.
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1:

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

EmanReleipS
Description: Pancake Fairy

Postby EmanReleipS » Thu 22. Oct 2015, 21:37

Hi peeps,

the server is down right now. Feel free to use the match server instead. The map roster is a bit different, but you should be able to get some gg's. :)

IP: 185.16.84.5:7777

EmanReleipS
Description: Pancake Fairy

Postby EmanReleipS » Thu 22. Oct 2015, 21:57

The main server is back online!

Cat1981England
Administrator

Postby Cat1981England » Thu 22. Oct 2015, 22:16

Apologise for the server being down over the last few hours. There was an issue with our motherboard which has been replaced.

Back on now...

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

Miauz55555

Postby Miauz55555 » Tue 16. Feb 2016, 12:38

The Main Server is down at the moment.
Feel free to use the match server instead. The map roster is a bit different, but you should be able to get some gg's.
Just tipe: open 185.16.84.5:7777 in your console.

**Edit: Ok I make sure that it will shown in the normal Serverbrowser until the Main Server is back online.**

Cat1981England
Administrator

Postby Cat1981England » Tue 16. Feb 2016, 17:15

I don't know what the problem is/was but it looks like the server was restarted :dunnosoz:

It'll be back on in 10/15 minutes...

---edit---

Ok, back on. I haven't tested anything, so if you have any problems please post here.

joeblow
Description: male gamer

Postby joeblow » Wed 17. Feb 2016, 19:54

Packet loss today is very bad 40% sometimes for alot of players.

Cat1981England
Administrator

Postby Cat1981England » Wed 17. Feb 2016, 21:14

Ok, thanks for the heads up Joe.

Cat1981England
Administrator

Postby Cat1981England » Tue 15. Mar 2016, 00:05

Not sure why, but the server lost connection tonight. It's just come back on and seems to be working as usual but the logs say that everyone left at the same time which suggest that there was a connection issue between it and the wider world.

I'll email our provider, but if it was an issue outside of their data centre then there's nothing they/we can do. Anyway, it's back on now :thumbup:

Zon3r
Description: Don't shoot at me!

Postby Zon3r » Thu 18. Aug 2016, 22:12

Dead.

Return to “Announcements”