ONS-Tyrant-C

Feedback, discussion & bug reporting on current maps
Zon3r
Description: Don't shoot at me!

ONS-Tyrant-C

Postby Zon3r » Wed 25. Jan 2017, 17:00

People keep commenting in game on this new edit, but no one i willing to start a topic about it. so i'll do it. i wanted to make a topic with text+screenshots, but i decided(cause being lazy) it's easier to make a video about it, and explain things in it, rather than leaving it to your imagination to try to guess what i wanted to say :)
This is only my opinion, i have nothing against this map, i'm starting to like it. these are the things i think are in need of fixing, if other players would add their thoughts, it would be great, the video quality is not great, but watchable
Inb4 your english sucks, i speak better in english than you do in hungarian :)

Last edited by Zon3r on Wed 8. Feb 2017, 10:26, edited 1 time in total.

EmanReleipS
Administrator
Description: Pancake Fairy

Re: ONS-Tyrant-C

Postby EmanReleipS » Wed 25. Jan 2017, 20:46

Nice review! :thumbup: Thanks for the feedback!

I wonder if removing the teleporters (where the tanks are) that lead to the upper level of nodes 1/8 would be a good idea. That way the defenders would have one more avenue of attack than the attackers (which couldn't access the upper level easily anymore). Then again, it might make the nodes much more difficult to attack, resulting in more stalemates.

I agree that the teleporters out of the dm rooms should be lowered, but can the teleporters on the upper level also be placed on small boxes? I keep getting teleported by walking into them accidentally.

Nice edit, though! I enjoy the map more now.

Miauz55555

Postby Miauz55555 » Wed 25. Jan 2017, 21:13

Yes nice video Zone.. and nice spelling (I know you want to hear that).

Teleporter from that node in the noderoom should lead upwarts insted down.. you can go down without damage by jumping.. and with the window you didn't run into fire.
Put one arrow on the one and two arrows on the other teleporter so that you cen better see which goes up?
Don't know which weapons on that node are.. but grenades and bio shouldn't... rokets should be restrict as well as shock and flack.
(side note: you can go from the bridge to that node with a shield-doge)

I agree with the fall damage.. it is a bit weard when you not die (or lost many HP) from top to bottom.

Lightning colours from the map. More to a cold blue.

RottenToTheCore
Description: Not related to Power-Cores ;)

Postby RottenToTheCore » Fri 27. Jan 2017, 13:03

EmanReleipS wrote:I agree that the teleporters out of the dm rooms should be lowered, but can the teleporters on the upper level also be placed on small boxes? I keep getting teleported by walking into them accidentally.

Owwww yes. Yes! They should be :ghehe:

smalltown
Description: UT 2004 cunt player

ONS-Tyrant-C

Postby smalltown » Mon 6. Feb 2017, 15:44

The bug regarding the badger getting stuck at all the nodes in its circle still not fixed.
Besides since this new version some are more tempted at destroying the enemy base vehicles or rather camp there at the side and attack the ones who just respawned at core to stop the teams from progressing.
This edit is bullshit for me and as per the recent weeks many does not like it as well and it can be clearly seen as the map is less played nowadays as it used to be in the past. Revert back to the previous edit should be an option to revive the map.
:firedevil: :firedevil: STOMBOTOWN :firedevil: :firedevil: :machinegun: :cool2cool: :yoman:

Cat1981England

ONS-Tyrant-C

Postby Cat1981England » Tue 7. Feb 2017, 22:26

Thanks for the feedback chaps :thumbup:

I think that's enough time for everyone to post. I'll try and do a beta edit this Sunday.

One little thing regarding its popularity. I suspect you're right that it's not as popular Small, but it's hard to tell. Its actually been played 44 times in the last month compared to 42 for the old version, but as we've had the map repeat map lower over the last couple of weeks, it's been available more often, so perhaps it should have been voted for more. At the same time we've got 3 brand new maps, major edits of Minus, Airmars etc some minor edits so there's more maps for people to choose from. I think we're comparing apples to oranges.
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1:

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

Dalyup!
Description: Haggis

ONS-Tyrant-C

Postby Dalyup! » Thu 9. Feb 2017, 20:22

A certain player (not me) has found a small exploit that can potentially be very annoying. Namely this:

20170208225818_1.jpg
Paladin in windowed node
20170208225818_1.jpg (371.88 KiB) Viewed 867 times

The player was able to shoot through the window to hit players and was immune to direct attack. Not sure how they got the paladin there as I didn't see them do it, but I imagine they somehow get in from the core. Might have to make those barriers extend up to the roof.

Zon3r
Description: Don't shoot at me!

ONS-Tyrant-C

Postby Zon3r » Fri 10. Feb 2017, 06:44

Dalyup! wrote:A certain player (not me)

Not wanting to name the player, but his name is visible on the ss :)

Dalyup!
Description: Haggis

Postby Dalyup! » Fri 10. Feb 2017, 13:12

Eh, I realised that too, but if you really want to know who you're able to, I guess.

Cat1981England

ONS-Tyrant-C

Postby Cat1981England » Sun 12. Feb 2017, 18:03

[hideurl=https://www.dropbox.com/s/2xx09p6dtdsolz4/ONS-Tyrant-C-SP1-beta1.ut2?dl=0]ONS-Tyrant-C-SP1-beta1[/hideurl]

- Changed height of boxes by the tank.
- Lowed the dm-room teleporter and shaft.
- Placed the teleporter at the top on a box.
- Teleporter in node room now goes up rather then down.
- Default fall damage in the centre room.
- Lowed the jeight of the node bases which should stop the Badgers getting stuck.
- Raised the height of the side nodes spheres.
- Vehicle class blocking volumes have been placed at the entrance to the DM rooms. Manta's should still be able to get over the top the the centre path.
- Small SM added so you can jump from the window onto the bridge with just a double jump. You can jump from the bridge back to the window but if you miss there's no safety net (light).
- Placed extra weapon lockers at core on top of ramp.
- Changed the glass texture of the dm room so people stop trying to shoot the node from the central room.
- Centre room is now blue and darker while most of the rest of the map has a warm hint.

----

I don't think there's any need for public play testing. I leave this until next Sunday for everyone to post feedback and suggested changes :thumbup:

tyrantls.png
tyrantls.png (289.34 KiB) Viewed 802 times

A couple of notes:

The teleporters at nodes 1 and 9 are up in the air and inside alcoves to limit accidental telefrags. If two people are trying to jump into the alcove and are blocking each other, they are already too close.

Jumpads are preferred to teleporters where possible because they are a more 'natural' to move. You can move in the air, fall short, double jump. I'll have to try and find it, but Peg made an excellent post somewhere about the dis/advantages of jumpads etc. Having jumpads between 4-8 5-6 also allow players to use the alt-fire nuke more directly rather then having to go all the way around.

One of the aims of this rebuild was to make it less of a stalemate map. This is the reason why nodes such as 4 and 5 were so low. It gave players a better chance of holding the node and attacking nodes 3 and 10. Same thing applies to nodes 2, 3, 10 and 11 or moving 6 and 8 into more easily defended alcoves.
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1:

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

Return to “Map Troubleshooting & Feedback”