Feedback, discussion & bug reporting on current maps

You want stonewall back to the server?

Yes, it would be fantastic
75%
Nah, that map is too pro for me
25%

Total votes: 12

RottenToTheCore
Description: Not related to Power-Cores ;)

Stonewall petition

Postby RottenToTheCore » Wed 7. Jun 2017, 11:22

Zon3r wrote:Um, Rott, this is an ONS server, players here have been playing ONS for years, we do not have DM skills, and getting killed over and over by the same few DM players is not really fun, at least not for me, i do like DM maps from time to time, but not when i need to play several in a row, and if it pairs up with crushing defeat due to unbalance, it just leaves a very bad aftertaste

Yeah, and the huge majority of maps are ONS. So what?

widurr wrote:The same goes when you've been blown to shreds by a unskilled player in a mino few times in a row.

WORD.

Yeah, i don't like tanks. They belong to ONS, like on big maps with tactical scenarios. From time to time even tankhaters like me jump into one to relax and point-and-kill.

But on the other hand: As much as you hate to be killed by NV-Players i hate vehicle-wise ridiculously designed maps like space cargo with mariomushrooms, vortexes and bender-projectiles randoming around killing you out of nowhere without any effort of the player that runs the vehicle. Or the old tyrant-middlenode spam when you jump down through the hole... there are lots of examples for bad tank placements that invite you to spawn/randomkill.
Last edited by RottenToTheCore on Wed 7. Jun 2017, 11:28, edited 1 time in total.

Miauz55555

Stonewall petition

Postby Miauz55555 » Wed 7. Jun 2017, 11:49

There is pro and cons on both. I like the NV-maps as well as the vehicle one. In a mix they are fine and it makes fun playing them. In a row they are not so cool, but when you have the right crowd. The maps also work best when you have the right number of players for it. Let's take the "RottenTank-Map" it's for 3 vs 3 or max 5 vs 5 and you need at least a litle tactic and teamwork to win. Complaining about "spam" when there are more that 10 players is not cool, because it's designed exactly like that. ;) Btw. is there any further feedback how to improve it?

Return to “Map Troubleshooting & Feedback”