CEONSS Forum now available with HTTPS!

News, server & forum rules
loucast

Post by loucast »

EmanReleipS wrote: Thu 11. Mar 2021, 20:23
loucast wrote: Thu 11. Mar 2021, 00:01 I desperately need to view this forum in German. How do I go about solving this? :C

;)
Thank you Ema! I sent a little something your way so that our German brethren are not discriminated against and also so that scorpions rear end cardboard wheels get replaced with actual rubber tires!
EmanReleipS
Administrator
Description: Pancake Fairy

Post by EmanReleipS »

Um... that was a joke, but thanks a lot! And if any Germans need the forum in German, let me know.
EmanReleipS
Administrator

Post by EmanReleipS »

Btw, we have a new smiley, which is the best smiley ever made. From House of Carpe's forum, they kindly allowed us to use it as well. Please use generously.

:pancake:
Pegasus
Description: ONSWordFactory

Post by Pegasus »

Seeing how it's been almost 100 days since the Dec. 26th outage, and given that this thread's topic is (was?) people's ability to navigate around ceonss.net over HTTPS, is there any news on what made the site's stats subdomain (i.e. CEONSS' UTstatsDB section) start redirecting visitors to a landing page when trying to enter it using said secure protocol, telling 'em it's "not available with SSL encryption" and then only allowing 'em to proceed within via HTTP, on what efforts have been made since that point to fix this, how far along such efforts might've gone so far, and what an estimated time for a fix currently looks like?

Thanks in advance.
Eyes in the skies.
EmanReleipS
Administrator

Post by EmanReleipS »

No, I haven't tackled this yet because right now restoring the database's functionality has priority to me. I'm guessing that we will need to get our host involved in order to fix the certificate, but before doing so, I plan to generate a new certificate (the current one has only 2 more years left on it, I believe). I can't really remember how to do that, though, so this won't be a quick fix.
EmanReleipS
Administrator

Post by EmanReleipS »

The Stats DB should work properly again.

I will tackle the certificate next.