First, really nice work on this edit! I like the atmosphere. It feels like an epic battle for a city. It has a good size that you can also still walk everywhere even though there are also vehicles.
Here are my thoughts, in no particular order:
- The path to the nodes aren't obvious, so our players will need to rely on their minimap a lot. I had no problems finding the nodes, but I'm not sure if all of our players have their minimaps turned on. Also, I struggled to find n13 before I realized that I needed to open a door. Is there a way to to place a sign on the door or have a "press e to open" message triggered when the players are in front of the door? I think this is the first time I had to open a door in UT, so it's not obvious.
- Speaking of nodes, I'm not sure how I feel about the node layout, mainly because there are so many nodes on the right side and so few nodes on the left side. On the left side, one team only needs to take 3 nodes before they can attack the core, but on the right side they need to take 6 nodes (in the center or via the diagonal link, they need to take 5 nodes). Maybe the right side is meant for the smart players who want to avoid the masses who will try to go for the "easy victory" on the left side? But I've seen it before when one team all went to one side of the map, the other team went to the other side of the map, and then the team on the side with fewer nodes to build won.
- Does there have to be water around these nodes?
- I really like that you placed invisible jump pads in front of all the ladders. That really makes it easier to "use the ladders" while preserving the atmosphere of the map.
- I think it would be useful to mark the edge of the map more clearly. Maybe a fence would be okay and still fit the tone of the map.